Woodson or Lorenzen

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just down to a competition between Woodson and Jload. Carr, Wright, Lorenzen and Woodson will all be fighting for roster spots. Only quarter back on that roster who has a guaranteed spot is Eli Manning.

That is why I phrased the question the way I did. To me the more interesting decision is between the former UK qb's.

Wright and Carr both have the NFL experience advantage on Load and Dre' so thats the first and biggest thing that could hurt them. We all know the Carr situation in Houston but Wright has also seen hes fair share of starts both in Dallas then in Baltimore. Coughlin likes Lorenzen in his toughness and cannon arm IMO so I don't know if he would be willing to part with him. I think Woodson could have the opp to knock off Wright being hes had his chances and is not the guy you really want playing when your main guy goes down. Carr could be an issue of being a more expensive option than either of the UK boys so he could end up getting beat out. Should be a wild little QB roster battle for the Giants this offseason, who will survive? I think Woodson should see time on an NFL roster for years to come, he is just going to have to develop his game making it suitable for the next level. I just don't understand this pick for the Giants and the only thing I can really think is the scenario I laid out with them parting with Wright and or Carr based on their salaries in comparison to the others.

Wright and Carr both have the NFL experience advantage on Load and Dre' so thats the first and biggest thing that could hurt them. We all know the Carr situation in Houston but Wright has also seen hes fair share of starts both in Dallas then in Baltimore. Coughlin likes Lorenzen in his toughness and cannon arm IMO so I don't know if he would be willing to part with him. I think Woodson could have the opp to knock off Wright being hes had his chances and is not the guy you really want playing when your main guy goes down. Carr could be an issue of being a more expensive option than either of the UK boys so he could end up getting beat out. Should be a wild little QB roster battle for the Giants this offseason, who will survive? I think Woodson should see time on an NFL roster for years to come, he is just going to have to develop his game making it suitable for the next level. I just don't understand this pick for the Giants and the only thing I can really think is the scenario I laid out with them parting with Wright and or Carr based on their salaries in comparison to the others.

What's not to understand about the pick? He was at one point in time expected to be a first round pick, and dropped all the way to the sixth round. What other player was out there that the Giants could have taken and gotten more out of?

What's not to understand about the pick? He was at one point in time expected to be a first round pick, and dropped all the way to the sixth round. What other player was out there that the Giants could have taken and gotten more out of?

No sense to get offended HB but I just don't understand the pick at all. The Giants are loaded down at the QB spot, they have a couple real solid back ups, their Franchise QB in place, so why take a guy they'll have to develop. I just think he would be better suited elsewhere and the G-Men could have made it without picking him up. Not to rain on your parade or anything but from a need or sensible standpoint they could have filled the depth chart somewhere other than the already deep QB spot. Thats all I am saying and I don't know why you cannot understand that. Believe me I understand what your saying about how he was projected big and everything and how it was kind of a steal pick that late, but since they are so far filled with guys who have actually saw a lot of action on this level, the best situation for Andre IMO would have been to be someone elses steal pick.

Now if they release Carr and or Wright like I mentioned in an earlier post, then yes good job and way to go G-Men. But if Woodson is just there to waste away on the practice field because he's the fifth QB or something like that then I don't understand it or probably won't understand it. I just know Woodson is a project and I would at least like to see him be in a situation to be a career back up, it just doesn't seem right now that NY will be that place.

No sense to get offended HB but I just don't understand the pick at all. The Giants are loaded down at the QB spot, they have a couple real solid back ups, their Franchise QB in place, so why take a guy they'll have to develop. I just think he would be better suited elsewhere and the G-Men could have made it without picking him up. Not to rain on your parade or anything but from a need or sensible standpoint they could have filled the depth chart somewhere other than the already deep QB spot. Thats all I am saying and I don't know why you cannot understand that. Believe me I understand what your saying about how he was projected big and everything and how it was kind of a steal pick that late, but since they are so far filled with guys who have actually saw a lot of action on this level, the best situation for Andre IMO would have been to be someone elses steal pick.

Now if they release Carr and or Wright like I mentioned in an earlier post, then yes good job and way to go G-Men. But if Woodson is just there to waste away on the practice field because he's the fifth QB or something like that then I don't understand it or probably won't understand it. I just know Woodson is a project and I would at least like to see him be in a situation to be a career back up, it just doesn't seem right now that NY will be that place.

Am I not supposed to respond to your post if I disagree with it? How on earth does that make me "offended"? That makes absolutely ZERO sense.

The Giants have already explained the pick. They have already stated that they will not take 5 QB's into camp.

David Carr is only signed to a one year deal. He may not be around after next year. Anthony Wright will probably get cut before camp. Lorenzen and Woodson and Carr will be battling it out.

Where else should they have drafted?

They're loaded at running back. They drafted two linebackers. They drafted two defensive backs. They are loaded on the D-line, and drafted one. They do not need offensive linemen. They drafted a wide receiver already.

No one is "raining on my parade". If I disagree with you, it's nothing more, nothing less than that.

Both are now Giants, which one would you rather have?

I personally would take Woodson over Lorenzen. I don't know about the other QB's (other than Manning) on that team or where they stand but I just think Wooson would be better than Lorenzen.

HB, no hard feelings bud, I just thought there was a lot not understand when you asked whats not to understand. You made it seem like it was a clear un diluted situation when really it all just boils down to differing opinions on the matter. I understand where you are coming from but its not saying who's right or wrong because neither of us are, just differing opinions. I have reasons to make me question the pick, you have reasons to justify the pick and without those elements then BGP's would not be what it is. I love to debate sports and I'm glad we get to. I'm just saying not everyone will understand this pick, especially if you are not a Giants fan. Like someone alluded to earlier Carolina would have been a good situation because of the recent injury prone-ness to Delhome. There is still some question marks as to how he will bounce back, then your left with Testaverde who is going on a million years old in NFL time and who probably will be lucky to last more than one season. However, Testaverde has been around and would offer great tutledge that a coaching staff would not be able to. Eli is a productive and great QB but is still learning himself so he could not give him that. Other better situations that come to mind would be Minnesotta, that other New York team (still unceratin how Clemens will shake out), Detroit, Tampa Bay, Houston, Kansas City, and perhaps even someone like Arizona who obviously have a little bit of doubt about Leinart still by them begging Warner back after he went on record to say if he would not play then he would just retire. Hopefully though, he can run the NYG guantlet though that has been laid out and first win a roster spot, then make some moves in the next couple of years to get the back-up spot.