Now Who's Number 1?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Pitino once said, "revenge is over-rated." You can avenge as many regular season games as you want, but the games that count are win you play and either advance or turn in your uniform.

The parity is unreal this year. The state does have overall more talent than last year and no one team is sheltered from upsets even from some non ranked teams.

There are a ton of variables this year in picking a solid top 20. There are even more variables when trying to only pick district winners, much less a state champ.

Have fun with the rankings. As some will have fun picking them apart come tourney time. Kentucky high school hoops is alive and well.

1.Mason County

2.Scott Co

3.Bryan Station

4.Holmes

5.Lexcath

People can doubt Holmes all they want, but the bottom line is they're 21-1 which is now the best record in the state. Also they beat a CCH team which Mason Co struggled with and Lexcath lost to.

Mason still beat them. I think they won the first matchup by ten and the second one by 18. Struggled or not a win is a win. And with Mason, Scott, and LC being recognized as the elite teams in the state over the past few years, everyone they play in going to bring their "A" and these teams better come prepared because as we see anyone can be lose on any given night by ALOT!

^ Okay then. I'll eliminate Holmes strictly on the basis of schedule; and Station on the basis of tonight's game.

That leaves us with the Scottson County Catholic Royal Cardiknights.

Was that the team in the purple uniforms?:bunny:

1.Mason County

2.Scott Co

3.Bryan Station

4.Holmes

5.Lexcath

People can doubt Holmes all they want, but the bottom line is they're 21-1 which is now the best record in the state. Also they beat a CCH team which Mason Co struggled with and Lexcath lost to.

I'm going to go ahead and say that "struggled" is not an indicator of either game these two played. On Dec. 7, MC led by as many as 26 in the 3rd and CovCath cut it to the final 10-point margin against the reserves. Then on Dec. 29 in the LexCath Holiday Classic, yeah CovCath led at the half (by 4), but Mason outscored them in the second half 40-18.

You can bring up the Scott County and the first Lexington Catholic game as "struggles" for Mason County, maybe even Madison Central or Montgomery County in the MCIT. But I definitely wouldn't categorize either CCH game as one.

Mason still beat them. I think they won the first matchup by ten and the second one by 18. Struggled or not a win is a win. And with Mason, Scott, and LC being recognized as the elite teams in the state over the past few years, everyone they play in going to bring their "A" and these teams better come prepared because as we see anyone can be lose on any given night by ALOT!

I'm going to go ahead and say that "struggled" is not an indicator of either game these two played. On Dec. 7, MC led by as many as 26 in the 3rd and CovCath cut it to the final 10-point margin against the reserves. Then on Dec. 29 in the LexCath Holiday Classic, yeah CovCath led at the half (by 4), but Mason outscored them in the second half 40-18.

You can bring up the Scott County and the first Lexington Catholic game as "struggles" for Mason County, maybe even Madison Central or Montgomery County in the MCIT. But I definitely wouldn't categorize either CCH game as one.

I was giving Mason Co. credit. That statement was geared more toward Lexcath for their loss to CCH and Holmes win over them. I just don't see how someone can rank Lexcath number 1 in the state when they have gotten beaten handily twice by Mason Co and their lone win against the Royals was in OVERTIME on a neutral court.

People need to be giving Holmes a little more credit though. You can say their schedule is weak but the bottom line is they are 21-1 with their only loss to a good Male team and that was on a neutral court by 5 points. And in their wins they're taking care of business which good teams do right?

Unless you have seen them play, once again, don't try to knock them. Mason, Lexcath, and Scott co would all three have their hands full with Holmes. I have seen Mason Co, Lexcath, and Scott Co all three play. All three are very good teams and while Scott Co beat Mason Co, I still see Mason as the best in the state.

Do any of these top 5 teams play each other again in the regular season?

Mason Co has played Scott Co, LExcath and Bryan Station.

I believe they are 1-1 against Lexcath, 0-1 against Scott C,o and 1-0 against Station.

Lexcath has played only Mason co and play Scott Co Feb 16th.

They are 1-2 against Mason Co. 1-0

Station has played Scott Co and Mason Co.

1-1 against SC and 0-1 against Mason Co.

Mason Co has played Scott Co, LExcath and Bryan Station.

I believe they are 1-1 against Lexcath, 0-1 against Scott C,o and 1-0 against Station.

Lexcath has played only Mason co and play Scott Co Feb 16th.

They are 1-2 against Mason Co. 1-0

Station has played Scott Co and Mason Co.

1-1 against SC and 0-1 against Mason Co.

So is Mason up 2-1 or tied at 1-1?

I believe you said this same thing last year and they made it to the state semis defeating your South Laurel Cardinals on the way. This Holmes TEAM is better than last year's version. Unless you've seen them, don't knock them.
I agree with your statement here. When I saw Holmes play this year they played much better as a team than last years version. They are for real!!!!!