Should something at UC be named after Huggins?

greendevil

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a shame if something didn't. It was a huge mistake letting him go. He's a solid, solid coach.

Whose personal life had become a disaster, and it was affecting the program in a major way. The only thing that was wrong was the timing and bad blood that got out to the public. I appreciate everything Bob did for UC, but it was time to go in a different direction...

Whose personal life had become a disaster, and it was affecting the program in a major way. The only thing that was wrong was the timing and bad blood that got out to the public. I appreciate everything Bob did for UC, but it was time to go in a different direction...

I'm not going to argue with you about this because you might know a little more than I do, and you would just prove me wrong. I still like him though, and do think they should name something after him.

In his last trip to UC on his retirement tour, go all out. While he's a Big East coach at WVU with zero chance it is the last dance, no way.

And for the record, Doc is an idiot. Back when Huggs was fired he'd write about it for 4 days and on the 5th day complain about the topic still being an issue. Blah...

Doc IS a joke.

The timing will not allow it to happen anytime soon. I don't know if it ever will because of how it all ended. Do they have banners in their arena with coaches on it? If so, that might be the way to go. He's not getting the arena or the floor named after him--that would be a little much.

I disagree, Huggs was a FANTASTIC recruiter. He had the opportunity to bring in Bill Walker, Michael Beasley and had a shot at O.J. Mayo. If he got all 3 of them playin together I don't care how many DUI's he gets:lol:. Doesn't get much better at the coaching position when you win 20-25 games a year. If by going in a new direction you mean setting the prgram back 5 years, then good move. They followed this TERRIBLE decision with the decision not to hire Andy Kennedy.

I disagree, Huggs was a FANTASTIC recruiter. He had the opportunity to bring in Bill Walker, Michael Beasley and had a shot at O.J. Mayo. If he got all 3 of them playin together I don't care how many DUI's he gets:lol:. Doesn't get much better at the coaching position when you win 20-25 games a year. If by going in a new direction you mean setting the prgram back 5 years, then good move. They followed this TERRIBLE decision with the decision not to hire Andy Kennedy.

You really don't want to go down this road with me. It will not be pretty for you. Just saying...

I wanted no part in it. I ran away from that discussion. He should do the same.

When everything went down I was furious. As mad as any UC fan out there. Still have my I Support Coach Huggins shirt on the rack. I still follow Huggs, AK, Frank (unsung hero the AK year) Downey and anyone else involved closely. I talk to Kirkland, Levitt, Meech, Jihad, Tate and a bunch of the guys on a regular basis. Huggs is home. AK is home. Mick is home. All is well, and let's leave it at that... :thumb:

I'm not going to lie... I don't agree with all of this... Some maybe, but not all. I'm not going to argue it, I don't know that I could argue a winnable case because much lies in the court of public opinion, but I do think that there is a strong and reasonable case against a lot of this. Some people stay away because they are bitter, but some come back but still don't agree with what went down....