Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should something at UC be named after Huggins?

Featured Replies

I'm not going to lie... I don't agree with all of this... Some maybe, but not all. I'm not going to argue it, I don't know that I could argue a winnable case because much lies in the court of public opinion, but I do think that there is a strong and reasonable case against a lot of this. Some people stay away because they are bitter, but some come back but still don't agree with what went down....

I HATE what went down. Still do to this day regardless of how close I am to the program. The stories from all ends are ugly, and it's once again best to leave it at that...

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I HATE what went down. Still do to this day regardless of how close I am to the program. The stories from all ends are ugly, and it's once again best to leave it at that...

 

It was one of the darker times as a whole in terms of sports at the university... That is for sure...

I'm back at 1000%, and I'm still not good with how everything went down...

  • Author
I'm back at 1000%, and I'm still not good with how everything went down...

 

See, I'm not quite yet I guess. I am too the point where the games matter to me again, not to the point that they did before(though I must admit, breaking that couch was a little over the top :lol:), but I am getting there. But, I know that next season when WVU walks into the Shoe, I, for one, will be giving a long standing ovation when the head coach of the Mountaineers is announced, and will take on whatever criticism I get for it...

 

I will admit, I am still on of those that the last time I set foot in Shoe was watching James and Eric and the boys play in the NIT... That may change soon though...

Frankly, I've become a UC supporter because they got rid of Huggins. I've unfortunately got to observe Huggins in some of his private life. I did not approve.

 

I also think the reputation of UC's athletic program has improved dramatically. Perhaps I missed it, but we haven't seen the string of basketball players having criminal problems since Huggins left. We haven't seen Cronin's name and face shot in the national news for personal issues. Some respect has been returned to the basketball program. The record is not the best, but give Cronin time. It will be there. The big win last night of WV is a good indicator of such.

 

Kelly is doing great things with the football program. The school stepped up to the plate and did what was necessary to keep him here for a while (hopefully a long time).

 

The "Red Witch", as she was referred to, is looking pretty dang smart to me and has proven that she supports and wants UC's athletic programs to be top notch, just not top notch and embarrassing. Good for her. Huggins was an embarrassment to UC and the City of Cincinnati. I'm glad he's gone.

I cast my vote for the "Hugg's Mugs" idea.

If they install an elevator that can't get past the 2nd floor, they should name if for Huggins.

The Toilets.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.