Dane Cook: Vicious Circle

saint4

I think we have had a couple threads about him on the board.

His new cd just came out a couple months ago that wasn't too bad either. He stole some material for his 2nd CD and has gotten a rap of having a massive ego that has followed him everywhere, but I'm happy for him and the success he has had.

It was funny listening to the Mr Brooks commentary and those guys had nothing but great things to say about Dane. Not that I expected them to make fun of him the whole time, but they really went out of their way to mention what he brought to the role and how good he was opposite Kevin Costner and William Hurt.

I don't recall even cracking a smile at anything he says...

OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree I can not stand him!

When the uncut version was on HBO, I fell asleep. My daughter thinks he's great. :confused:

I don't like watching him at all. His body language, his tone, his voice ... all arrogance personified. I feel like he's saying, "Laugh you poor schlep, because I am the comedian extraordinare." He's not funny to me. A complete and utter turn off.

I like him.

The way he acts makes it that much funnier.

I just get or relate to or something to what he says. I can't really explain it but I find most of his stuff very funny.

I have 'Vicious Circle' & 'Rough Around The Edges'. I LOVE 'Vicious Circle' and I have not gotten to 'R.A.T.E'

To each there own I guess.

When the uncut version was on HBO, I fell asleep. My daughter thinks he's great. :confused:

I don't like watching him at all. His body language, his tone, his voice ... all arrogance personified. I feel like he's saying, "Laugh you poor schlep, because I am the comedian extraordinare." He's not funny to me. A complete and utter turn off.

I agree somewhat. He makes me laugh sometimes...but he's not one of my favorite comedians.

:thumb: Too cocky. I am more of a Pablo Francisco guy, although I don't really listen to standup any more

To each there own I guess.

This statement is totally true. We all laugh at different things, certain movies make us laugh more than others. For instance, Napoleon Dynamite. Some claim it is the funniest movie they have ever seen. I have tried watching it about 5 or 6 times. While it may be a solid comedy, it comes no where close to my top 10 funniest movies of all time. I have many agree with me.