2008 St. Xavier

bugatti

I was responding to post #24. Nothing more, nothing less. Sorry for the intrusion. My last post in this thread.

Difference is, your school is never mentioned in post 24. But the whole world revolves around it in your world. Why can't you follow the advice of PR and stay out of this thread and fix the power problems on Shelbyville Road?

Back to the thread-What grade schools are Bickel and Karrer from?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about

Kamber CB Starter ?

Galbraith CB Leader Interceptor 2007?

Can someone fill me in on Bickel? Dorsey? Karrer? as to size and type of player.

What about the 6'9 400 lb transfer that runs a 4.6? JK

What does St X need to do? Keep on winning "meaningless" games in front of 38000 potential students and let the rest take care of itself. The eighth graders in fall 2005 made their choice- they will be juniors this year coming up-the cream will rise.

For some reason I thought they were seniors.:confused:

That was "the key to last year?" :creepy:

Overcoming injuries was key in 2007. Here is a short list, most all were starters with games missed

Heuser- Knee 3 games

Smith -Knee 2 games

Devine- Broken jaw-6 games

Zoeller- sprained ankle 4 games

Zoeller-leg cramps Championship

Knotts- Knee in championship

Allgier- pelvic bruise/break 2 games

Hale-everything -Not healthy entire season

Gahm-knee 3 games at least

Kuiper-thigh 3 games

Browning-knee career ending

Brinkman, Jones-heat exhaustion-hospital stay

Finch-knee 4 games not at 100 % for championship

Carpenter-foot, ankle, not 100 %

This only the ones I remember. I am sure there are more. So overcoming injuries was key in 2007 and will be in 2008.

Overcoming injuries was key in 2007. Here is a short list, most all were starters with games missed

Heuser- Knee 3 games

Smith -Knee 2 games

Devine- Broken jaw-6 games

Zoeller- sprained ankle 4 games

Zoeller-leg cramps Championship

Knotts- Knee in championship

Allgier- pelvic bruise/break 2 games

Hale-everything -Not healthy entire season

Gahm-knee 3 games at least

Kuiper-thigh 3 games

Browning-knee career ending

Brinkman, Jones-heat exhaustion-hospital stay

Finch-knee 4 games not at 100 % for championship

Carpenter-foot, ankle, not 100 %

This only the ones I remember. I am sure there are more. So overcoming injuries was key in 2007 and will be in 2008.

Man, just imagine how good that team could've been if they had everyone healthy the entire year? I think you could say the same thing about X's 2005 state runner-up team. Seems like they consistently have many, many more injuries than any other team in the state every year. That, or we just hear about them every year...

Man, just imagine how good that team could've been if they had everyone healthy the entire year? I think you could say the same thing about X's 2005 state runner-up team. Seems like they consistently have many, many more injuries than any other team in the state every year. That, or we just hear about them every year...

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Injuries to key performer will not affect the outcome of a season? Seems like you know it all.

Difference is, your school is never mentioned in post 24. But the whole world revolves around it in your world. Why can't you follow the advice of PR and stay out of this thread and fix the power problems on Shelbyville Road?

Back to the thread-What grade schools are Bickel and Karrer from?

You mentioned the "meaningless games in front of 38,000" in your post. There's not another game in this area at the high school level that draws this crowd.

Maybe the Tigers are simply overworking themselves and creating all of these injury situations.

To improve for 2008, maybe St. Xavier could develop their second string a little more by using them in more JV games;). Injuries are part of the game and we all know that. I see Mr. Finch is not playing basketball. I hope he does heal well. He will have to carry the load in '08.

You mentioned the "meaningless games in front of 38,000" in your post. There's not another game in this area at the high school level that draws this crowd.

Maybe the Tigers are simply overworking themselves and creating all of these injury situations.

To improve for 2008, maybe St. Xavier could develop their second string a little more by using them in more JV games;). Injuries are part of the game and we all know that. I see Mr. Finch is not playing basketball. I hope he does heal well. He will have to carry the load in '08.

"Maybe the Tigers are simply overworking themselves and creating all of these injury situations." I didn't see a smiley after that one, but you're joking right?

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Injuries to key performer will not affect the outcome of a season? Seems like you know it all.

Thanks TIGER1990! Of course those injuries affect the game and season.

X would have won state in 2005 and 2007 if they didn't suffer injuries to key players. I bet they even had some key injuries in the 2003 Finals when they lost to Trinity. If you take away those injuries, X has 4 out of the last 5 State Championships. And that, is an impressive feat!

If you want to continue this, let's start a new thread about injuries. :thumb:

The defense should be well stocked. This past years JV defense was dominant. The d-line saw a 6-7 man rotation which should help considerably in the fall. There is some talk that a couple of junior d-lineman may get moved to linebacker. The coaching on the defensive side of the ball will get the '08 unit playing at a high level.