2008 St. Xavier

bugatti

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think finch was near 100% in state, but he wasn't given the ball enough.

I spoke with the trainer before the game , he told me there was no fear of reinjuring the knee but he was not near 100% but gave it a go, kind of like Jasper for UK right now he is about 70% at best but is doing what he can do to help the team. He will be 100%+ this year I just hope he stays that way.

Fellas, 2007 is over. Rocks won a hard fought championship fair and square. This thread is about St.X in 2008.

Exactly, I think the Tigers will be right there again this year! You keep knocking on the door often enough it is going to open.

The X vs. Manual scenario in post #9 is not quite right. Actually, after the X kickoff, Manual would come out throwing and X would pick it off and take it to the house.....

You're probably right...in his exuberance to exorcise past demons and tack on another score it would not be out of the realm of possibilities.(JK Ram Land)

Just taking a guess what the lineup "might" look like. Just for fun of course.

Wr Sweeney-Neal

Wr DJ Hall-Botner

TE Baushcher-Patten

T Harvey

G Busche-Filcik

C Baisch

G Karrer-Ray

T Casale

Qb Matt Brutscher

TB Finch

FB Beach

Defense

DE Foy

DT Craig Brutscher

DT Taylor

DE Dorsey

LB Mc Cormick

LB Bickel

LB Kilkelly

SS DJ Hall-Lawson

FS Sears-Daylen Hall

CB Burckle

CB Carraro

K Gray

How about

Kamber CB Starter ?

Galbraith CB Leader Interceptor 2007?

Can someone fill me in on Bickel? Dorsey? Karrer? as to size and type of player.

What about the 6'9 400 lb transfer that runs a 4.6? JK

What does St X need to do? Keep on winning "meaningless" games in front of 38000 potential students and let the rest take care of itself. The eighth graders in fall 2005 made their choice- they will be juniors this year coming up-the cream will rise.

How about

Kamber CB Starter ?

Galbraith CB Leader Interceptor 2007?

Can someone fill me in on Bickel? Dorsey? Karrer? as to size and type of player.

What about the 6'9 400 lb transfer that runs a 4.6? JK

What does St X need to do? Keep on winning "meaningless" games in front of 38000 potential students and let the rest take care of itself. The eighth graders in fall 2005 made their choice- they will be juniors this year coming up-the cream will rise.[/quote

Zane Karrer is legit 6-4 to 6-5 and pushing close to 260 lbs. I've heard his goal is to be up around 270-275 by start of 08 season. Zane works hard and if he keeps his intensity throughout the game can be an outstanding O-lineman.

Bickel--this kid just makes plays. At the Mike linebacker spot he was a very aggresive and sure tackler. I'm not sure of his size, but he's not impressive to look at in street clothes. Maybe 5-10, 180 if I had to guess. That being said, looks are deceiving as he was definitely one of the better freshmen football players. But, for St.X's sake I hope we have more depth at middle linebacker such that he's not already #1 on the depth chart. I don't recall who the JV's had in the middle spot or if there was a junior last year that might get some consideration.

Dorsey--Don't know much about his size but I was impressed with him when I saw play DE for the JV's.

Whenever the ROCKS and X square off in anything, I hope T is victorious. That being said, the game in September is "meaningless" as far as playoff implications go. It means nothing as far as home field advantage or playoff opponent. It's obvious that T tries to peak at playoff time and puts much more emphasis on district games. Do I want to beat X in September? Of course. Would I rather win in December? Absolutely. Thats the game that count.

Whenever the ROCKS and X square off in anything, I hope T is victorious. That being said, the game in September is "meaningless" as far as playoff implications go. It means nothing as far as home field advantage or playoff opponent. It's obvious that T tries to peak at playoff time and puts much more emphasis on district games. Do I want to beat X in September? Of course. Would I rather win in December? Absolutely. Thats the game that count.

Guys, let's take the T talk out of here and let them have their thread. We have done this far too much.