MP3 Player Help

King James

To sum up what I just said above, the fee you can also pay for Limewire is not money that goes towards the artists. That fee is simply for Limewire's gain for providing you with faster downloads and no advertisements.

Like I said, its been years, so I don't know for sure.

It is a Zvue... It was a birthday gift that my wife's parents got her...

I was looking at some of Zvue's products and it should come with an installation disc that says ZAPP Media Manager software.

Once you install that on the computer, you hook up the USB cable from the mp3 player to the computer. That software will read it and from there you can add whatever mp3 files you have on your computer. It should walk you through step by step from there.

You would use that Zapp software each time you take off or add music to the player. At least I'm hoping that's what you have. :lol:

Here are the instructions from ZVUE's support site:

Your player appears as a USB mass storage device the My Computer window. You can organize files and transfer music to your player while connected via USB connection.

Click and highlight one or more songs to transfer between your player and your computer.

Use drag and drop actions to transfer music files and folders to your player.

Organize your music in folders. Your player will play your music folder by folder so that you can organize your music by artists and albums. You can drag and drop entire folders to your player. Your player will play the music files that are not inside folders first followed by the music files inside folders

Disconnect your player safely by exiting any active application working with your player. Remove the player safely by clicking in the task tray shown in your PC

http://www.zvue.com/players/support.php?thispage=ZVUE_MP3/Transfer_Songs

You didn't upset me, this issue upsets me no matter who is talking about it.

:thumb:

Not to start a fight, but they make enough money, so I don't feel too sorry for them. But I understand, and respect your view and points. :thumb:

Not to start a fight, but they make enough money, so I don't feel too sorry for them. But I understand, and respect your view and points. :thumb:

The artists? Maybe, but what about the sound engineers that basically made those artists sound good? They get royalties from the songs they worked on. And when was the last time you saw a sound guy get a multi-million dollar contract to endorse a product? Never, but they are supposed to get money from royalties.

What about the studio musicians who only helped out on the CD and do not tour with the band?

How about the song writer, who does not go on tour or perform in the band but wrote the song for them to play? For a songwriter who is not a performing musician on that CD or song, these royalties are pretty much the only way they make money.

There are a whole heck of a lot more people than just the "artists" on the CD that rely on royalties to make a living.

The artists? Maybe, but what about the sound engineers that basically made those artists sound good? They get royalties from the songs they worked on. And when was the last time you saw a sound guy get a multi-million dollar contract to endorse a product? Never, but they are supposed to get money from royalties.

What about the studio musicians who only helped out on the CD and do not tour with the band?

How about the song writer, who does not go on tour or perform in the band but wrote the song for them to play? For a songwriter who is not a performing musician on that CD or song, these royalties are pretty much the only way they make money.

There are a whole heck of a lot more people than just the "artists" on the CD that rely on royalties to make a living.

First let me make it clear that I agree with you. My kids were using Limewire and I made them stop. I don't think that anyone should download music,videos or any thing that is copy righted. With that said I don't beleive that the studio sound technicians or musicians make royalties from the songs that they get paid a fee to work on. This is their job and they do not own the song. I could be wrong. Whether I am right or wrong I am against downloading the stuff.

First let me make it clear that I agree with you. My kids were using Limewire and I made them stop. I don't think that anyone should download music,videos or any thing that is copy righted. With that said I don't beleive that the studio sound technicians or musicians make royalties from the songs that they get paid a fee to work on. This is their job and they do not own the song. I could be wrong. Whether I am right or wrong I am against downloading the stuff.

Some do and some don't. We went over this in one of my classes this past semester. Some of the sound technicians are salaried by the recording studio or label so they get paid a set amount no matter what. Others can get royalties from the work they helped produce along with the fee that is charged for the use of the studio.

I don't have any numbers on what the ratio is that are salaried vs. non-salaried, etc. I would guess that most are salaried and paid by a record company.

Some do and some don't. We went over this in one of my classes this past semester. Some of the sound technicians are salaried by the recording studio or label so they get paid a set amount no matter what. Others can get royalties from the work they helped produce along with the fee that is charged for the use of the studio.

Thanks.:thumb:

Thanks.:thumb:

NP.

I agree that most sound engineers probably don't get much from it, but those hit hardest by it are the songwriters who don't perform their work.

Like a songwriter who writes a song for Britney Spears as an example. This songwriter can only make the money from royalties, but if 1 million out of 2 million people illegally download it, this songwriter is only making half of the money they could be making.

I believe that we were told that a songwriter generally makes about $0.15 per song when a CD is bought. So 1 million legal sales would generate that person $150,000. If all were purchased/downloaded legally that would have generated them $300,000. It's a real big difference depending on how popular the song becomes.

NP.

I agree that most sound engineers probably don't get much from it, but those hit hardest by it are the songwriters who don't perform their work.

Like a songwriter who writes a song for Britney Spears as an example. This songwriter can only make the money from royalties, but if 1 million out of 2 million people illegally download it, this songwriter is only making half of the money they could be making.

I believe that we were told that a songwriter generally makes about $0.15 per song when a CD is bought. So 1 million legal sales would generate that person $150,000. If all were purchased/downloaded legally that would have generated them $300,000. It's a real big difference depending on how popular the song becomes.

I agree about the song writers. My cousin is a song writer in Nashville and It took him awhile to get successful. He is doing alright. I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago about this subject(internet downloads and CD copying).

The studio techs, musicians are paid a fee (hourly) when the project is recorded. They get no royalties. The songwriter, label and artists do. At least when I recorded that is how it was. I have also written songs for artists and received a royalty for how many times it was aired on stations (Christian) etc. Believe me it wasn't much . . . I didn't quit my day job. However that was not my motivation. I wanted to get the music out there so that perhaps others could be blessed by it. I do understand that others do it as their livelihood . . . they count on the royalties to pay their bills.