Favorite Domestic and Imported Brews?

ADopted ADmiral

Hey guys I used to only drink Domestic Beers such as Bud lite Miller lite ect...

A friend of Mine who happens to be a member of BGP changed my taste buds by getting me to try some different brews...

There are so many different kinds of brews out there...I would like to hear some other opinions about what brews you guys like...

This thread is all about the taste,smell and body...

Also If we can try to list what is local...If not list what area you tried that Brew...

To keep this thread open we do not need to discuss............................

What we don't want is how someone got so drunk on this and that beer...

:thumb:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only three requirements for beer are:

cold, domestic and light!

I'm not a fan of imported beers. I might have an Amstel Light here and there, but that's about as far as I'll go.

I would have responded sooner but I was on the phone with my Guru of Beers...Who also happens to be a member of BGP...I think you all know him as the one and only TitleTownClown...

I hear you ja I was the same way as you...I hated the Import beer...

Now that I have tried different brews,I have learned to appreciate the real taste of good beers...:thumb:

I have recenlty become a fan of Steel Reserve. Good taste, inexpensive, and no aftertaste.

My favorite Beer that TTClown turned me on to is Newcastle...Made in England...I believe this is a favorite of Mr.Jim Schue...

The taste in the bottle is nice,but if you can get one of these babys in a draft

its even better...which could be said for all draft beer...

Not that it necessarally matters, but it also has a slightly higher alcohol content, something like 8.3%.

That is strong...I don't think it matters as far as a good taste...There is a micro brew called Voodoo Vator made in Detroit...I believe it has 9% Alc...They are sold in a 4pk for around $10...I like the taste of those...:thumb:

My favorite domestic is simply Bud Light, favorite import would have to be Dos Equis Amber.

Some of the best beer i have had was brewed in a micro brewery called Gottberg Brew Pub in Columbus, Nebraska. It was called "Bug Eater Ale". It was absolutely great with a steak. There was another locally brewed wheat beer called Boulevard that was real tasty.

Gottberg Brew Pub