Favorite Domestic and Imported Brews?

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is to try to broaden your tastebuds...

If your going to have a corona you should try a Negra Modelo...That is some good mexican Beer...

Good call on the Negra Modelo. A VERY smooth dark beer. For those who are worried about heavy tastes of some dark beers, you need not worry about Negra Modelo. NM was actually brought to Mexico by a European immigrant who started a brewery in Mexico.

A great thing about beer is that you don't have to have "a favorite". The true beer connoisseur appreciates different brews for many different reasons or attributes whether its smoothness, bitterness (hoppiness), boldness and body, etc. Anyone who declares "The best beer is.................." doesn't know how to appreciate beer imo. I actually have different "beer" moods. Sometimes a hearty stout or porter with a meal does the trick. Perhaps on a hot day, a lighter ale or pilsner style beer does the trick. If I'm in an adventurous mood I might select a custom mixed "black and tan" at The Pub in Lexington, and I have also been known to mix one up at home on occasion. As AA stated earlier, a draft Newcastle is good at anytime.:thumb:

Good call on the Negra Modelo. A VERY smooth dark beer. For those who are worried about heavy tastes of some dark beers, you need not worry about Negra Modelo. NM was actually brought to Mexico by a European immigrant who started a brewery in Mexico.

A great thing about beer is that you don't have to have "a favorite". The true beer connoisseur appreciates different brews for many different reasons or attributes whether its smoothness, bitterness (hoppiness), boldness and body, etc. Anyone who declares "The best beer is.................." doesn't know how to appreciate beer imo. I actually have different "beer" moods. Sometimes a hearty stout or porter with a meal does the trick. Perhaps on a hot day, a lighter ale or pilsner style beer does the trick. If I'm in an adventurous mood I might select a custom mixed "black and tan" at The Pub in Lexington, and I have also been known to mix one up at home on occasion. As AA stated earlier, a draft Newcastle is good at anytime.:thumb:

Yea the Negra Modelo may be the smoothest Beer I have ever tasted... Lite or Dark...

Fuller's London Porter is another good one you introduced me to...:thumb:

If you guys like a nice stout without the bitter aftertaste, you have GOT to try the Kinmount Willie brewed in Scotland. It's been several years since I first discovered it, and it remains one of my favorite stouts.

[ATTACH]22240[/ATTACH]

Did they have that the last time we went to The Barn on Harrodsburg RD?

I also really enjoy Fat Tire out of Denver. Problem is they don't ship it east of the Mississippi, and I have to wait until I can get someone to bring me some home from St Louis... :irked:

Sounds like your more into the micro brews...You should try Voodoo Vator...Its brewed in Detroit by Atwater Brewery...There is one called Atwater Hell...My personal taste did not care for it...It reminded me of carbonated water meets ginger ale...It's good for a good Belch...:D:thumb: