Better UK QB Andre Woodson or Tim Couch

born2reign

I would give the nod to Woodson. I think during his career that his fundamental skills were worked on more than Tim's during his career. Mophead didn't care about fundamentals, even for his QB. I think Woodson has gotten the tutelage that will make him successful during his pro career. To be fair to Tim, he did get picked by the Browns and his O lines were flat out awful. That is what cut short his career, not a system QB that all these draft experts say he was , playing in Mophead's system.

I would give the nod to Woodson. I think during his career that his fundamental skills were worked on more than Tim's during his career. Mophead didn't care about fundamentals, even for his QB. I think Woodson has gotten the tutelage that will make him successful during his pro career. To be fair to Tim, he did get picked by the Browns and his O lines were flat out awful. That is what cut short his career, not a system QB that all these draft experts say he was , playing in Mophead's system.

That's very true. His pro numbers weren't awful but his shoulder was wrecked and he lost velocity which was never his strong point to begin with. However, if you look at his completion % and TD/INT ratio it is as good as several NFL quarterbacks that have stayed around the league as starters or part time starters for a decade. See Kerry Collins stats, he even started a Super Bowl. That said I'd give the nod to Woodson, he has the ability to make some throws that Couch couldn't.

Woodson is the better QB in my opinion. Woodson is in a real offense, where he is required to make reads, go through progressions and find the open receiver. Couch threw screens and quick hitters all game. It was basically a one read offense. Timing is needed, not the ability to read a defense.

I'd go with Couch. He went in the draft as an underclassman and still went #1 overall and this was in a class thought of as a great class for QBs with Culpepper, McNabb, Smith and several others. People were comparing that class to the one with Elway, Montana and Marino. I think his problem was due to horrible lineplay and protection and then the shoulder injury. He had plenty of arm prior to the injury and imo was alot more accurate than Andre. Nothing against Woodson, he's been great, but I just think Couch was projected alot higher and although didn't have a so called stellar career, still was one of the best at the college level..

Couch threw thirty screen passes a game. And I'm not so sure that woodson had better recievers, remember Yeast? Now he was an athlete.

I'll see your Craig Yeast and raise you Steve Johnson, Dickie Lyons, Jacob Tamme, Keenan Burton and Rafael Little out of the backfield.

I still think Woodson is better, but he has a better skill position supporting cast than Couch had.

Couch threw thirty screen passes a game. And I'm not so sure that woodson had better recievers, remember Yeast? Now he was an athlete.

Thats the thing... Woodson is in a real offense. You must read the defense, not just make quick timing throws.