Muhlenberg North 67 Mason County 50

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended the game and the Lady Royals just flat laid down the the fourth quarter and let the steam roller run right over them. Mason scored the first 4 pts in the 4th Qtr to take a six point lead and that is when our girls stated to feel good about themselves and forget they had to work the rest of the game. We turned the ball over, missed easy shots, could not get the ball up the court and forget that Steele was their best shooter (6-8 threes). Mason only scored 6 pts in the 4th all by Chambers. Cline scored 15 in the first half anf only 3 in the second half. Litzinger was a non-factor. Every year that we have gone to the Lex Cath tourney we lay an egg one game to a team that was no better than Mason. With the three Seniors that Mason has, no way they should so un-inspired on a big stage. :irked::irked::irked::irked:

I attended the game and the Lady Royals just flat laid down the the fourth quarter and let the steam roller run right over them. Mason scored the first 4 pts in the 4th Qtr to take a six point lead and that is when our girls stated to feel good about themselves and forget they had to work the rest of the game. We turned the ball over, missed easy shots, could not get the ball up the court and forget that Steele was their best shooter (6-8 threes). Mason only scored 6 pts in the 4th all by Chambers. Cline scored 15 in the first half anf only 3 in the second half. Litzinger was a non-factor. Every year that we have gone to the Lex Cath tourney we lay an egg one game to a team that was no better than Mason. With the three Seniors that Mason has, no way they should so un-inspired on a big stage. :irked::irked::irked::irked:

Wow.. sounds like they just gave up. Maybe those big wins against nobodys really made them think they were better than all the other teams, so once they were up, they thought it would be like that the rest of the way. They need to realize that against better teams they can't turn the ball over or miss those easy shots as much as they could in easier games, because they just won't get away with it.

Any stats?

I don't wont' to say they gave up, but I know these girls very well and they can play alot harder and with more passion than they showed tonight, especially in the fouth quarter when they started to fall behind.

Several things here concerning the Mason County Lady Royals. The start of the regular season leading up to the Lexington Catholic tournament the past couple of years has presented no competition and generally has led to lopsided wins versus their opponents. The Lady Royals then go to the holiday tournament in Lexington and play half the game and then can't put together four quarters against top notch teams. The conditioning and discipline on defense seems to lose focus as the time goes deep into the game. Of course the younger kids have a deer in the headlight look against this competition but it didn't sound like those younger kids hurt Mason County when they were in there. Discipline on defense lacks for 4 quarters and I believe that is the major problem. Everyone knows they can score and put points on the board, but defense wins games.

Several things here concerning the Mason County Lady Royals. The start of the regular season leading up to the Lexington Catholic tournament the past couple of years has presented no competition and generally has led to lopsided wins versus their opponents. The Lady Royals then go to the holiday tournament in Lexington and play half the game and then can't put together four quarters against top notch teams. The conditioning and discipline on defense seems to lose focus as the time goes deep into the game. Of course the younger kids have a deer in the headlight look against this competition but it didn't sound like those younger kids hurt Mason County when they were in there. Discipline on defense lacks for 4 quarters and I believe that is the major problem. Everyone knows they can score and put points on the board, but defense wins games.

That fatigue could be because the "big three" don't really get any breaks during the game, because without them honestly where would the team be, and the only time they would get breaks would be during foul trouble. This being said, I'm sure they are tired and worn out come the 4th quarter.