NKY/Louisville "Super" Bowl

TonyDanza

Do you think a multi-team football classic w/ top regional teams is a good idea?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a multi-team football classic w/ top regional teams is a good idea?

• Yes, I would attend and/or help in its startup.
    • No, it's not sensible or logistically sound.

Okay, I'm being really prodcutive at work, I've come up with potential names for TD's event:

1. Rumble in River City (or River Cities Rumble)(River Rumble) (Rumble on the River)

2. Buckeyes and Bluegrass Bowl

3. {insert corporate sponsor name} to the beginning of #1 or #2 above.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hook 1, get FSN to broadcast one or more of the games.

Hook 2, split gate, TV and radio revenue equally(after TD's cut of course!)

Hook 3, offer discounted or free tickets to all youth football teams in the Louisville, NKY and Greater Cincy area, student discounts, basically no 15$ or 20$ tickets (I've had several friends complain about the exorbitant ticket and concession prices for some of the Paul Brown Stadium high school games...basically he ended up paying what it would have cost to go see the Bengals.)

Hook4, maybe at halftime let some grade school teams have a 30 min running clock jamboree(Hikes Point Lobos v. Our Lady of Lourdes, etc)

Man! Those are some great ideas! :thumb:

I had talked with Trinity once about doing this a few years ago but it was before they had built their new stadium. I had also talked with the 3 Boone County schools about a Boone County bowl but it just got to be too much of a debate between them (Boone County Schools). We have a outline in place for this type of event (Ryle Sports Festival) if someone gets really serious about it.

Since I am not involved with any schools in Louisville, I would be happy to offer the help of myself and my "people" to get this going.

But you must remember......be careful what you ask for because it got too big for Ryle and they moved it to PBS and its over now.

Yeah, but that's already been done. They played this year when they both became state champions. Lets not crown them champs for 08 quite yet...but if you want crown'em, go ahead and crown'em!:lol:

My bad. I forgot they played this year. I certainly wasn't crowning anyone state champ for '08. I was thinking '07 state champs from KY and Ohio going at it. Guess Trinity really doesn't want to play them again.:cool:

Man, this is hypothetical and I already want Lex Cath's name to be thrown in here as a potential team at some point. Knowing Lex Cath they wouldn't turn it down. It could be either a battle of top Kentucky teams from different regions or just keep the top couple of Kentucky teams and challenge them against GCL teams with at least Highlands being considered an opponent against Trinity or St. X a few times.

TD, we have to make this happen....it would be so very cool to be a part of the best that KY has to show regarding football.

:D:D:D:D I would need to show up for that classic game...that plus the Kirk Herbstreit classic every year would be amazing football...:fight: