Brossart 58 Pendelton Co. 29

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd consider this a big surprise, as I would have thought PC would be a decided favorite, especially at home?? They basically lost Kane and BB lost everything to graduation. Surprising margin of victory in particular. Young Mustangs must have learned something over the weekend?? Congrats to them for getting back on the winning track!!

Looks like PC has no talent and I don't see it changing for a very long time...:rolleyes:

JK PC fans... Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to say this based on one game...In case you don't understand, check out the CCHS-BBHS thread...

Looks like PC has no talent and I don't see it changing for a very long time...:rolleyes:

JK PC fans... Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to say this based on one game...In case you don't understand, check out the CCHS-BBHS thread...

I think the CATS are better than that, I look forward to the games.

I think the CATS are better than that, I look forward to the games.

I was just kidding. I know that PC is/will be fine... I just thought it was funny how some CCHS fans said the cupboard is/will be bare for a while at Brossart because of the CCHS win..

Sounds like the cupboard isn't quite as bare as thought in Alexandria...

Brossart has built a winning tradition and those young kids are going to hustle and play as hard as they can to maintain that. Its clearly evident they are doing better than most expected. They can only go up.

We need to put into perspective, this is only the fifth varsity game any of these guys have basically played in... I know its hard, but us Mustang faithful must be patient, we can't reload every year like bigger schools, its just not possible.

A nice combination of Mustang defense and a less stingy defense than we saw at Campbell County last Friday leads to a sizable win over PCo.

I too was surprised at the margain of victory. Brossart wins each quarter: 11-4, 12-9, 14-7, 21-9.

Happy to see our guys put up 58 points.

Eleven Mustangs in the scoring column led by Droooo Kremer's 13.

Doug Lambert of PC led all scorers with 14.

Rieger was in foul trouble from the opening bell and did not factor - another positive for the Mustangs offense. Mustangs "big men" Stortz and Wolfer combine for 16 points. Stortz is starting to play some good roundball, and Wolfer (a junior) earned himself a start tonight. Hertzenberg even chimed in with a 3-ball, making it a banner night for the post-players.

Will be interesting to see if our D can contain Deming in the Massey Showcase on Saturday in Mount Olivet.

Brossart played some tough defense and that may be why even short jumpers and lay-ups did not go in for PC.

But hontsestly I thought both teams played a subpar game. PC, if they had made any run through the 1st 3 quarters, could have been in it to the end or even pulled it out. PC was within 10-12 points until about midway through the 3rd quarter, then Brossart took total contol on both ends.

As a PC fan, I'm not 100% sure that they are/will be fine. I missed the first game against Nicholas Co., but watching them last night was a bit discouraging. I do believe they have individual talent. However, I'm not sure I saw them do anything as a team. I hate to say it, but last night they were the most selfish team I have seen in a while. It seemed that very few plays were ran and most players were playing one on one....taking contested shots or forcing the issue by driving when there were no openings. I truly hope that Coach Simms can get them playing together as a team. Due to their size, they are going to be out-manned in a lot of games, and playing fundamental team ball is the only way for them to be successful, IMO.

With that being said....congrats to BB on the win. The certainly did not look like the team everyone has made them out to be. They played hard and aggressive, and I think they will only continue to improve. Best of luck to them in the 10th region.