New Tates Creek Coach???????

ddky1970

All applications are due by Jan. 11th, There has been quite a lot of interest in this job as it is a very good one. The talent is there, and TC has always had good fan support. I think there are three guys who are leading the pack but unfortunately I cannot say who they are as this info was given to me in confidence. I believ a new coach will be named in February. There will be two series of interviews conducted before the announcement is made.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter whether the search is narrow or broad. Applicants must still go through the JR filter. That's what has accounted for the outstanding TC football of the last five years and will continue to do so until Fayette Co grows up.

Where in the above quote does it say Joe Ruddell isn't a great guy or an upstanding guy.

Others on here make it sound like if you are successful....then you cheat. That is ridiculous.

I have had the names Joe Ruddell and Ken Cox often when it comes to the Lexington city schools boycott of playing Lexington Catholic. I do not know specifics, but I think it is grossly unfair to the players from the city schools who would love to compete with the players from Lexington Catholic.

The only ones who continue to support the boycott are a choice few.

I agree, the Fayette schools need to get over themselves. Play the games and get on with life.

By JR, I assume you mean Joe Ruddell, the athletic director at Tates Creek. And by Knight Rider I assume you are from Lexington Catholic. Joe Ruddell is one of the most stand up gentlemen in all of athletics in the state. I am sure the folks at Catholic do not like him because he has always stood up, with a tremendous amount of courage, for what is right and legal, according to the KHSAA rules. If we are condemning a man for following the rules, wanting all of his coaches to follow them, and calling out those schools that blatantly do not, then shame on you. Coach Ruddell is one of the best AD's around and without a doubt, the most courageous. Keep up the great work Coach Ruddell!! Many many people around the state are with you and in your corner.

:thumb: He's a class act and after you have dealt with some ADs who don't have similar character you come to appreciate Joe even more.

I agree, the Fayette schools need to get over themselves. Play the games and get on with life.

That has nothing to do with this thread, but obviously this comment comes from having no information or understanding of the delicate balance within Lexington, it really isn't that simple, nor has it ever been. I could go on and on, but this thread is about the new TC coach and it should be kept to that.

That has nothing to do with this thread, but obviously this comment comes from having no information or understanding of the delicate balance within Lexington, it really isn't that simple, nor has it ever been. I could go on and on, but this thread is about the new TC coach and it should be kept to that.

I AGREE, my first comment was really to make that point.

You should start a thread about your thoughts....I was unaware that Lexington had a "delicate balance".

All applications are due by Jan. 11th, There has been quite a lot of interest in this job as it is a very good one. The talent is there, and TC has always had good fan support. I think there are three guys who are leading the pack but unfortunately I cannot say who they are as this info was given to me in confidence. I believ a new coach will be named in February. There will be two series of interviews conducted before the announcement is made.

I would think TC would have to turn applicants away....

Why is going to take 3 months to hire a coach?

Who in the world told you this??? I work at Dunbar and the only email I remember Hensley getting is an email a couple of years ago saying the Boycott was over and Lexington Schools can schedule Lexington Catholic. Dunbar has played Lexington Catholic in JV the last two seasons.

VARSITY COMPETITION--Lafayette's team and coaching staff wanted to play LC in their bowl game Aug/07 and was told by the principal that they could not.

VARSITY COMPETITION--Lafayette's team and coaching staff wanted to play LC in their bowl game Aug/07 and was told by the principal that they could not.

Thats the principals call for Lafayette not the entire county. Dunbar was offered as well but it didn't work out due to scheduling reasons.

I know what Dunbar is wanting with Lexington Catholic they are wanting a home and home with them and not just go over to Lexington Catholic for a bowl game where they get the entire gate and the gate for this game would be HUGE.

There was an email sent out to the football coaches "FROM THE BOARD" a couple of years ago saying "football coaches are now aloud to schedule anyone that they want and the board has no control over it." Now Lafayette's principal does not run the entire football programs for all of the schools in Lexington so maybe Lafayette is on a boycott.

Because of the JR filter

It's taking so long because there have been many, many people apply for the job. Not because of the "JR filter" which in actuality is a good thing because unlike most AD's he knows football. Some big names applied, but one has already dropped out do to getting a job offer elsehwere. Look for a new coach in early February.

Thats the principals call for Lafayette not the entire county. Dunbar was offered as well but it didn't work out due to scheduling reasons.

I know what Dunbar is wanting with Lexington Catholic they are wanting a home and home with them and not just go over to Lexington Catholic for a bowl game where they get the entire gate and the gate for this game would be HUGE.

There was an email sent out to the football coaches "FROM THE BOARD" a couple of years ago saying "football coaches are now aloud to schedule anyone that they want and the board has no control over it." Now Lafayette's principal does not run the entire football programs for all of the schools in Lexington so maybe Lafayette is on a boycott.

What possible objection could Layfayette's principal have to a Lafayette-LC football game? And why would the Central Office be advising the coaches (not the principals) they were free to schedule anyone they wanted, especially if there was no policy from Central Office banning such games in the first place?