Ludlow vs. Brossart Expectations

I left with 20 seconds to go and Ludlow was up 48-41. It was a tight game, back and forth. But in the end, Brossart couldn't handle the big girls of Ludlow. It was a pretty ugly game. I bet both teams had 20 turnovers each the first half alone.

And what I don't understand is two things when watching Brossart (who I think was actually the better "team").

1st- Why didn't they front the posts? They were dead when #40 Daughtery caught they ball and they were behind. But when they fronted, it was a limp lob and stollen. Yet they continued to play behind....

2nd- #32 for Ludlow is like 6'4". Brossart didn't appear to have anyone over 5'9". So why did the continue to try to shoot over #32. She must have had close to 10 blocks (some in her armpit)

I say if these teams played 10 times, Brossart would win more than lose. They were much more disciplined on offense. Ludlow was one pass and chuck a shot....no offense. And a soft 3-2 zone...

But on this night ladies and gentlemen, Ludlow was better!!!

I left with 20 seconds to go and Ludlow was up 48-41. It was a tight game, back and forth. But in the end, Brossart couldn't handle the big girls of Ludlow. It was a pretty ugly game. I bet both teams had 20 turnovers each the first half alone.

And what I don't understand is two things when watching Brossart (who I think was actually the better "team").

1st- Why didn't they front the posts? They were dead when #40 Daughtery caught they ball and they were behind. But when they fronted, it was a limp lob and stollen. Yet they continued to play behind....

2nd- #32 for Ludlow is like 6'4". Brossart didn't appear to have anyone over 5'9". So why did the continue to try to shoot over #32. She must have had close to 10 blocks (some in her armpit)

I say if these teams played 10 times, Brossart would win more than lose. They were much more disciplined on offense. Ludlow was one pass and chuck a shot....no offense. And a soft 3-2 zone...

But on this night ladies and gentlemen, Ludlow was better!!!

i totally disagree that brossart would win more then lose ..Ludlows big girls were too much for them..and ludlow had over 30 turnovers which they dont do often!...If they would play 10 times ludlow would win 7 out of 10 times because they likely wouldnt have that many turnovers and Daughtery was out of the game for the whole second quarter and some of the 3rd or fourth, imagine if she was played the whole game?

I talked to a friend of mine who went to the game and he said it wasn't pretty for either team with lots of turnovers on both sides but in the end he felt the team with the most talent did win the game. He said Ludlows guards struggled with the tight pressure all night long and that Brossart had no answer for Daughtery who scored at will and she apparently sat out the 2nd qtr in foul trouble. He said the Hardin girl must have had 10 blocks on the night and for whatever reason Brossart just kept going right at her.

This is a good win for Coach Stamms troops and a great start to the season. I'm told that they are getting as good of crowds to watch the girls games as they are to watch the boys games. It's good to see the girls getting that type of support. Apparently the coach continues to do things right down there in Ludlow. Congrats Lady Panthers

The "if" game could be played here all day and night long. But I will

throw one "if" out there. IF Brossart had a post, they would have won (in my unprofessional and unbiased opinion). But again, if grasshoppers carried pistols, the birds wouldn't mess with them either. So it doesn't matter.....Ludlow won. They were the best team last night!!!

My take on the game was that it was a sloppy game, and in my mind a disappointment. I expected more from two "top ten" teams....Both teams had moments showing strengths:

Brossarts tough man pressure, and Ludlows strong inside game. However, if I was a coach scouting them (which several schools were there I noticed), both teams showed more weaknesses than strengths....but it is November and NOT March!!!!!

Good luck to both teams this season. I will continue to make my way around NKY and get acquainted with the local teams/players...

throw one "if" out there. IF Brossart had a post, they would have won (in my unprofessional and unbiased opinion). But again, if grasshoppers carried pistols, the birds wouldn't mess with them either. So it doesn't matter.....Ludlow won. They were the best team last night!!!

My take on the game was that it was a sloppy game, and in my mind a disappointment. I expected more from two "top ten" teams....Both teams had moments showing strengths:

Brossarts tough man pressure, and Ludlows strong inside game. However, if I was a coach scouting them (which several schools were there I noticed), both teams showed more weaknesses than strengths....but it is November and NOT March!!!!!

Good luck to both teams this season. I will continue to make my way around NKY and get acquainted with the local teams/players...

:thumb: I will agree with your take on the game since you were there and my info is 2nd hand..Good luck to both teams this year.

I was very impressed with Brossart and how hard they played with a team of players that were the same size across the board. They played as a complete "team" and I really think their coaching staff did a good job to be in the game and to be leading. Pardon the pun, but they are

just SHORT on posts.....they will give smaller teams fits.

A team with some posts will front Ludlow (or at least I would) and help slow down their good post players! And they are good, don't get my assessment wrong. I just expected more from them I guess, or at least from all the hype.

I was very impressed with Brossart and how hard they played with a team of players that were the same size across the board. They played as a complete "team" and I really think their coaching staff did a good job to be in the game and to be leading. Pardon the pun, but they are

just SHORT on posts.....they will give smaller teams fits.

A team with some posts will front Ludlow (or at least I would) and help slow down their good post players! And they are good, don't get my assessment wrong. I just expected more from them I guess, or at least from all the hype.

I think more and better things will probably come as the year progresses for the Lady Panthers. Afterall it was the 1st game of the year and a tough test for both teams. If I'm not mistaken all 3 of the bigger girls for Ludlow are juniors so they definitely should improve as the year goes on and still have to be considered young by Varsity standards. Sounds like both teams will have good years and I hope to see them both on a few occassions.

Yes you are right we could play the "IF" game all day long. Just like "IF" Ludlow's guards take care of the ball, Ludlow wins by 20 plus...

IMO the better team definitely won the game last night, and that will show as the year goes on...

Also I made an actual thread on the game. So lets take the talk over there where it should be...:thumb: