Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rumors about Coach Gillespie....

Featured Replies

First off let me say, I think both are not appropriate. However, much of the logic being used to defend McCarty is that all parties involved were of age, and if they wanted to have some drinks who cares. Well my question is, if Coach G is of age, the co-eds are of age, and he has a driver to prevent any potential DUIs, then who cares? I mean neither is breaking the law, but one is getting called out on it, while the other is getting defended.

 

I can't help but think if this were a reverse situation with Pitino on one hand and say Coach Cyp, Crawford, and Bradley on the other, that the opinions of BOTH fanbases would be completely flip-flopped.

 

And as I said, I thought McCarty was being an idiot..... We KNOW that Juan and David are of age...Do we know that all the co-eds around BCG were? Sure he may not have been dishing out the booze, but he was somewhere that underage drinking COULD have been going on, which is asking for trouble. Why would you need a driver to prevent you from getting DUI's if you haven't already given somebody some reason to think that would happen? I just think that isn't a way for a head coach, especially at the "Mecca of College Basketball" to be acting. I definitely wouldn't be happy, and certainly wouldn't be condoning this behavior if Pitino was doing it...JMO.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If hangs a few more banners then more power to him..

If hangs a few more banners then more power to him..

 

And sadly that mentality is exactly how a lot of Big Blue Nation feels....

And as I said, I thought McCarty was being an idiot..... We KNOW that Juan and David are of age...Do we know that all the co-eds around BCG were? Sure he may not have been dishing out the booze, but he was somewhere that underage drinking COULD have been going on, which is asking for trouble. Why would you need a driver to prevent you from getting DUI's if you haven't already given somebody some reason to think that would happen? I just think that isn't a way for a head coach, especially at the "Mecca of College Basketball" to be acting....JMO.

 

Isn't the bolded true about pretty much anywhere these days? I mean pretty much anyone can get a servicable fake ID these days, especially young attractive co-eds.

 

BTW, I agree both are stupid. :thumb:

So do all of you non-UK fans who feel this is terrible for Gillespie to be doing, feel the same way about a UofL coach taking current players out to do shots?

 

 

I don't really care what he does! Even though he is being paid to coach and not party. I just don't want to here all the crying on here (if he is doing what people say) when he crashes and burns.

 

 

BTW...I am just glad to know he don't like my kind!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BTW...I am just glad to know he don't like my kind!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

:lol: :lol::walk::walk:

Wasn't it Larry Eustachy who lost his job for drinking and partying with students?

I can shed a little light...Most of the stories being told are NOT true. There are a couple that are true. Most have been way overblown. For the record...he was NOT skinny dipping...but he WAS in the pool. I go to Merrick in quite a bit. And he is NOT there all the time. He has been there a few times. But I have not seen him since the season started. As a matter of fact...I was talking with him one night and he was asking me to tell him some of the stories. He's a very cool guy. Lastly, he IS a bit of woman chaser:lol:

I can shed a little light...Most of the stories being told are NOT true. There are a couple that are true. Most have been way overblown. For the record...he was NOT skinny dipping...but he WAS in the pool. I go to Merrick in quite a bit. And he is NOT there all the time. He has been there a few times. But I have not seen him since the season started. As a matter of fact...I was talking with him one night and he was asking me to tell him some of the stories. He's a very cool guy. Lastly, he IS a bit of woman chaser:lol:

 

Shame on him :lol:

I can shed a little light...Most of the stories being told are NOT true. There are a couple that are true. Most have been way overblown. For the record...he was NOT skinny dipping...but he WAS in the pool. I go to Merrick in quite a bit. And he is NOT there all the time. He has been there a few times. But I have not seen him since the season started. As a matter of fact...I was talking with him one night and he was asking me to tell him some of the stories. He's a very cool guy. Lastly, he IS a bit of woman chaser:lol:

 

Being the key word???? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So basically, I guess NCCAlum98 is not going to get on the thread and clarify what he said to be true and what is not true. I just would like clarification on the rumors he is standing behind.

Head coach at the University of Kentucky, drinking and skinny dipping with co-eds half his age, having to have a driver hired because he can't stay sober when he goes out, or assistant coach at UofL who is probably considered much more of a peer than Gillispie is buying a couple shots for OF AGE guys. Don't get me wrong, I think it was a bonehead move by McCarty, but the situations are much different, IMO.

 

Even if they are of age, is Walter allowed to buy things like that for the players? Especially with another member of the staff's credit card. Something doesnt sound exactly right...:sssh:

Wasn't it Larry Eustachy who lost his job for drinking and partying with students?

 

I believe he was caught drinking with people that were under 21. Also, there was video evidence I believe of this.

 

Which brings up the great point, if someone caught Eustachy on camera doing what he did, dont you think tape or pictures of BCG would be circulating?

If he wins, the women are legal and he doesn't drive while under the influence, I don't think anyone will care what he does in his free time. :lol:

 

:laugh: If he was winning, I don't think the fans would care about the latter either. :D

I believe he was caught drinking with people that were under 21. Also, there was video evidence I believe of this.

 

Which brings up the great point, if someone caught Eustachy on camera doing what he did, dont you think tape or pictures of BCG would be circulating?

 

What Eustachy did was on an opponents campus. Where is the video from his own? One time thing? Right. Next...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.