Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rumors about Coach Gillespie....

Featured Replies

  • Replies 159
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has been an easy target. He is a single man in the state's most high profile position, and he has that past of two DUI's several years ago. There has been a bullseye on his back from day 1. Check back to the day he was hired on this website...

 

Even more reason why he should change his behaviors. He's not a teenager who is "on the prowl". One would think that after two DUI's, he would have learned a leason and made changes to prevent future incidents. Doesn't sound like he has changed any of his risky behaviors as illustrated by the Lexington cops driving him home and him now having a hired driver. Nice example to be setting for the student/athletes. Most people who know they have a bullseye on their back try to prevent getting hit. BCG keeps giving people reasons to shoot at him.

Illustrated...HOW?

Where is the PROOF he was ever driven home by Lexington's finest?????

I thought the article said that Todd denied that BCG has a driver and LPD said he was never driven anywhere.

I thought that both of these "situations" were addressed just the opposite of what was just posted in the story.

Still no solid proof being shown to us......

Doesn't sound like he has changed any of his risky behaviors as illustrated by ... him now having a hired driver.

 

Did you read the article? Apparently not. Here's a quote for you.

 

Another rumor that was widely spread was that university officials had ordered their coach to hire a driver. Both Gillispie and UK officials, however, say the coach does not have a driver.
Did you read the article? Apparently not. Here's a quote for you.

 

But my brother's wife's cousin said that he did have a driver. They also said that he has six toes on his left foot.

Who gives a crap if he drinks and has a driver or not... We "UK" didnt hire him to do anything other then coach basketball and get recruits. As far as I am concerned this is exactly what he is doing and his is doing a fine job at it.

Who gives a crap if he drinks and has a driver or not... We "UK" didnt hire him to do anything other then coach basketball and get recruits. As far as I am concerned this is exactly what he is doing and his is doing a fine job at it.

 

Well, if he drinks and DOESN'T have somebody other than himself drive him home, then that would be something everyone who lives in Lexington should care about.

 

If he does have a hired driver or the police have to drive him home then I don't really see how that's a big deal myself. I understand the argument that it doesn't show a great example when your coach is a well-known partier; for example, a trusted friend of mine and my family wanted his picture taken with Gillespie at a certain event recently but they made them all put their drinks down first... no, I wasn't there, but it fits the rumor mill. And really I don't care if Billy Clyde is a "partier". Even if I was a UK fan, I wouldn't chastise him for having fun while he's single and living the good life. I'm not saying I respect him for that lifestyle, but I can't hate on him for it either. Unless of course he drinks and drives or does something equally irresponsible (again).

I wasnt saying that I want him drinking and diriving. What I am saying is that probably 50 percent of people in KY drink. If he wants to drink every night as long as he is doing his job then I dont care. Also... if he is going to get out and get drunk Im glad that he has the knowledge to get a driver. Personally it doesnt bother me if he has one and I dont understand why it bothers everyone else.

I thought for a minute I was reading about Kevin Willard, and then I saw the thread title. Oh wait a second, it says rumors not facts. I get it now.

Can't we all just get along?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.