Tuition costs of school districts

ladiesbballcoach

No I am saying don't go looking for the athlete which is what some schools are doing and hiding behind their "everyone deserves an education" crap. Tell me if I am wrong but most of those athletes were already getting an education and the reason the private schools even talk to them is because it would make their team better not really for the interest of the kid. The baseball kid I mentioned in my previous post I think going to the small private school is going to hurt him in the long run because now he is playing multiple sports and had he stayed where he was he could have played baseball only and been much better coming out to play at the next level. But it was all about winning and not really about the kid.

So having the chance to play multiple sports is bad for a kid?:rolleyes:

Why wouldn't the kid you mentioned get that opportunity at his public school if he wanted it? If not, why?

Maybe, just maybe that's the reason the kid left.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So having the chance to play multiple sports is bad for a kid?:rolleyes:

Why wouldn't the kid you mentioned get that opportunity at his public school if he wanted it? If not, why?

Maybe, just maybe that's the reason the kid left.

No the kid left because the baseball coach that our school was trying to hire went there to coach. He was playing 2 sports at our school but sometimes when you go to a smaller school and you are athletic those schools try to get you to play anything and everything for the numbers.

I just think if you are exceptional at one sport just play it and do not risk injury in another. Plus the more you practice and play the one sport the better you can be. Just my opinion but I think the reason he left was to play baseball for that coach and I will say this guy is a pretty good coach.

I actually do not blame the kid going and trying to play somewhere to better himself but my whole reasoning was that he was recruited and probably persuaded somewhat. And that is what I think is wrong with the whole thing.

I will add he is still a wonderful kid and I still root for him regardless of where he goes to school!!!!

The baseball kid I mentioned in my previous post I think going to the small private school is going to hurt him in the long run because now he is playing multiple sports and had he stayed where he was he could have played baseball only and been much better coming out to play at the next level. But it was all about winning and not really about the kid.

I know others had jumped you already, but this is really a painful comment to read. Maybe you meant something else? It sounds a little "stage mommish", if that's a word.

Kids are so much better in the long run play every sport they can/want, and saving time for other non athletic activities as well. I'm glad I have a girl, where there are only so many "next levels" to worry about. Often the parents want the next level more than the kids. :irked: