Tuition costs of school districts

ladiesbballcoach

Highlands, what is your tuition for out of district kids? Bowling Green's is $175.00. Beechwood, what say you? Ft. Campbell? These are all independent schools and can take whomever they want to enroll. Just as in Jefferson Coounty, you may pay tuition and attend Manual, Ballard, etc as long as they have room for you and you qualify academically, etc. I don't see much information flowing from the independents nor do they receive much criticism.

Wow, that is pretty elitists. I wish we had the ability to not have to deal with academic deficient kids. That would make our job a lot easier.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I KNOW!!!!!! That is crazy. My school day would be a lot simpler and better if we could say no to the people they are saying no to.

That is crazy.

If you're applying out of district, though, you should have to meet certain criteria, especially academic. There aren't many spots available in JCPS for out of district students.

If you're applying out of district, though, you should have to meet certain criteria, especially academic. There aren't many spots available in JCPS for out of district students.

Not sure you can go that route in out of district. Imagine if regular ole joe shmoe gets turned down and the star QB gets accepted from out of district? The outrage would be intense.

Highlands, what is your tuition for out of district kids? Bowling Green's is $175.00. Beechwood, what say you? Ft. Campbell? These are all independent schools and can take whomever they want to enroll. Just as in Jefferson Coounty, you may pay tuition and attend Manual, Ballard, etc as long as they have room for you and you qualify academically, etc. I don't see much information flowing from the independents nor do they receive much criticism.

Nor should they:D

I'm convinced if the private schools go, the indpendent districts will be next.

It seems Mayfield, Danville, Highlands, and Belfry win more than their "fair share" of the titles.

It depends on who cracks first, the private school by raising their tuition to heights where it can't be paid, or the independents may suffer the states numerous cuts on the education budget.

ADA comes from the state through SEEK, I believe.

The local tuition for out of state students is set by the local boards.

ADA (Average Daily Attendance) influences the amount of money a school receives through SEEK. Also you have to take into consideration local taxes that may influence how much money you get from SEEK.

It seems Mayfield, Danville, Highlands, and Belfry win more than their "fair share" of the titles.

Belfry is in the Pike County district.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. Heck at some point, if they keep kicking out those schools that "only win because of their unfair disadvantages", they'll be about 50 rural county schools left playing in the KHSIAA.

BHS tuition for out of district is about $6,000. Depending on whether or not the county you live in releases a portion of the real estate tax dollars to BHS, the out of pocket tuition could be about $3,000 (at the lowest). Out of district kids must take an entrance exam AND have good grades to get in.

Now, to get a little off topic because this is not going to be a sports rant. But for $3,000 of tuition, that gets you into one of the better schools in Kentucky at about 1/2 the cost of a private school. For a small school it offers a lot of opportunities. In fact it offers Latin in the 8th grade (I didn't take latin until my frosh year at a private school). It produces as many merit scholars as the private schools, and posts some of the best ACT scores, on average, in the state. For what it' s worth... the school was one of the best HS's in the country according to US News.

Parents do not send their kids to BHS to get an athletic scholarship, it's a small school and not really on the radar of colleges looking for athletes. But they do send their kids there to get a good education.

For that, I don't think they should get much criticism.

BHS tuition for out of district is about $6,000. Depending on whether or not the county you live in releases a portion of the real estate tax dollars to BHS, the out of pocket tuition could be about $3,000 (at the lowest). Out of district kids must take an entrance exam AND have good grades to get in.

Now, to get a little off topic because this is not going to be a sports rant. But for $3,000 of tuition, that gets you into one of the better schools in Kentucky at about 1/2 the cost of a private school. For a small school it offers a lot of opportunities. In fact it offers Latin in the 8th grade (I didn't take latin until my frosh year at a private school). It produces as many merit scholars as the private schools, and posts some of the best ACT scores, on average, in the state. For what it' s worth... the school was one of the best HS's in the country according to US News.

Parents do not send their kids to BHS to get an athletic scholarship, it's a small school and not really on the radar of colleges looking for athletes. But they do send their kids there to get a good education.

And another example of there is a big difference between some schools and others. And it has nothing to do with hard work and tradition on the athletic field.

Many, many, many parents in the school district north of Beechwood, Holmes could not afford the $6,000 to get into that school and might struggle with the entrance exam.

And another example of there is a big difference between some schools and others. And it has nothing to do with hard work and tradition on the athletic field.

Many, many, many parents in the school district north of Beechwood, Holmes could not afford the $6,000 to get into that school and might struggle with the entrance exam.

If you live in Ft Mitchell, it's paid for through your R/E taxes or rent. Why wouldn't you put you kid in that environment? My mom went to Holmes; she's no dummy. It all starts in the home.

If you live in Ft Mitchell, it's paid for through your R/E taxes or rent. Why wouldn't you put you kid in that environment? My mom went to Holmes she's no dummy. It all starts in the home.

Absolutely in Ft. Mitchell it is.

My point is that out-of-district kids don't have the same chance to get into Beechwood. Collinsworth kid would have a greater chance of getting into Beechwood than the single mom in Covington would.

I absolutely agree it starts in the home and think my gender and my generation is the cause of many of society's issues. Fathers are not being responsible for our actions and taking care of situations we were a part in creating.

By no means, am I saying you go to Holmes and you are some sort of dummy. But what I am saying is that anyone out of district does NOT have the same chance to enroll at Beechwood if there is an entrance test.