BirdieCat

WHo Wins?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. WHo Wins?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Cov Cath will score, but I think that they may give X a little jitter or two in 1st quarter, then X takes off running. Sorry Cov Cath, but if you win, that would be impressive. I just don't want to see you all pick up too much speed going into the playoffs.

The thing that I fear is X had to ability to say"we are running to the left side" when Finch was in and no one except Ballard and Central could stop it. With Deuce out, we may get too cute similar to last year's Male playoff game. With that said, the offense has started slow in just about every game except Butler and Male. I agree that this will end up 17-7 unless Neal and Montano get loose. I like the old "Billy Jack" comparison I heard about X- "I'm going take this leg and whoop you on the side of your face and there's nothing you can do about it!" I don't know if X can still do that w/out Deuce in the lineup.

I don't understand the "too cute". Please explain.

That means fancy. As if they try a new game plan or some trickery. If you need any other explanations, just ask. Normally someone is saying it because whatever was tried did not work. My mother loved to use this on us when we were little kids. I know from experience dude!

I apologize for bringing this up but with Victor hurt in the 2005 state championship game, and Curley out of the game, we threw the ball on four straight first downs instead of just running Mattingly behind Jeffries on first sound. Jefferies at 300 pounds versus Trinity's defensive end at 180. No offsides. Just good ole smash mouth football with a few slants to the WR and TE down the middle.

I don't think CCH will score.

I'll go with 20 - 0.

I will second that motion! If the X men are all that they are built up to be and Cov Cath is down as far as many say they are... 21 or more for X and 0 for our N Ky friends, Cov Cath.

If the score is any different ~ then there has been a fair amount of sand bagging going on in this thread! :sssh:

I apologize for bringing this up but with Victor hurt in the 2005 state championship game, and Curley out of the game, we threw the ball on four straight first downs instead of just running Mattingly behind Jeffries on first sound. Jefferies at 300 pounds versus Trinity's defensive end at 180. No offsides. Just good ole smash mouth football with a few slants to the WR and TE down the middle.

Thanks.

I don't think that would have worked that night in December.

This is the game that shows X has the finish mentality. With DF out I predict an emotional pulling together of the seniors. This is what makes teams that have really good depth like X become champions. I would rather have had X fat and happy as they were going into the playoff. I say this with no disrepect I think X just got a lot harder to beat,JMHO but I have seen this happen before with other good programs.

This is the game that shows X has the finish mentality. With DF out I predict an emotional pulling together of the seniors. This is what makes teams that have really good depth like X become champions. I would rather have had X fat and happy as they were going into the playoff. I say this with no disrepect I think X just got a lot harder to beat,JMHO but I have seen this happen before with other good programs.

A different perspective, and an interesting insight. I had not considered it in this light. Hopefully, for X, you are correct.