Best quarterback in the state

Lexfball

Will Stein's statistics can not touch those of Corey Robinson of Lone Oak.

The competition he has played against is certainly much tougher, though.

Will is having a great season for the Rocks. What is it they say, "The great programs just reload".

Yep! we don't rebuild, just reload.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colby Fugate senior QB of Breathitt Co. has to be in mix,his size and good throwing ,has Breathitt Co 5-0,having played 3 yrs for one of best QB/Head coach Mike Holcomb helps a lot also,also the young man from Clay county even tho he isnt a senior is real deal......Go Bobcats....

He may not be the best QB "prospect" in the state, but for what a HS QB is supposed to be for their team, there is none better than Clay Cecil of Highlands. Calm, cool, decisive, can run as well as throw...and is a flat-out L-E-A-D-E-R. And being a leader is what being QB is all about.

I agree he was very impressive as a junior against St.X last year!

Half the DI schools are looking at him at QB, the other half are looking at him at SS. He is 6'4", 210 lbs. Schools that I know of are Kentucky, Louisville, Illinois, Northwestern, Duke, Western Kentucky, Eastern K., Army, Navy, Mac Schools, Ivy League schools, etc.:thumb:
Has he been offered by anyone?

I would put Jordan Ellis of Warren East in the mix. In 2007, while playing against a tough schedule, Ellis has thrown for 1,288 yards and 16 TD's with only 2 picks. In his last 16 games, Ellis has thrown for 3,080 yards and 32 TD's with only 6 picks. He has also led East, a traditional doormat, to a top 3 ranking in 4A and a record of 15-1 as a starter. Ellis has proved to be a very elusive runner as well as he has rushed for 3 TD's this year. At 6'3, he has a lot of frame which to put weight onto at the next level.

Not this year but certainly for the next two, the Hynes kid at Fern Creek will be among the leaderboard. Last year as a freshman starter, he threw for tremendous stats and this year stands at 5-0. While Fern Creek is playing more power football this year, averaging over 330 yards per game on the ground, the kid still wings it and airs it out. He is 6'4", good size, and is playing really sound football right now.

Hello!!! What about Zach Lewis? I now that the Tigers record isn't that great but Zach can't help the fact that the Tiger defense can't stop anybody! This kid is special. I have seen some great high school football players and this kid is one of them. He is extremely smart and can recognize coverages better most HS QB's. You need to watch him in person to appreciate him. Coach Stepp has done a great job training this young man and he will be extremely successful at the next level.

You can any opinion you want about Ryan Phillippi's play, but one thing for sure, he does not have nor has he ever had any attitude issues. This kid is as much a choirboy as there has been at Henry Clay.....a perfect gentleman on and off the field.

Is running and throwing for nearly 500 yards against Boyle County the reason you say he has "an attitude problem......at times"?