Strahan is back, Trotter a buck and Rice a Bronco

stick1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting really sick of these guys skipping training camp and then getting their business settled before the 1st game. For us fans to buy season tickets we are stuck with paying the same price as regular season games for these useless games. All of these veterans are blowing off training camp. I think they should face some sort of financial penalty for not reporting to camp on time. It's not just Trotter, Strahan, and Rice I'm talking about. What if you paid your $73 to see the COlts and Bengals Friday night and got to se Johnson vs Sorgey instead of anything from Palmer vs. Manning...

Sorry, I guess it's more of a rant on the preseason than about these guys...

I am getting really sick of these guys skipping training camp and then getting their business settled before the 1st game. For us fans to buy season tickets we are stuck with paying the same price as regular season games for these useless games. All of these veterans are blowing off training camp. I think they should face some sort of financial penalty for not reporting to camp on time. It's not just Trotter, Strahan, and Rice I'm talking about. What if you paid your $73 to see the COlts and Bengals Friday night and got to se Johnson vs Sorgey instead of anything from Palmer vs. Manning...

Sorry, I guess it's more of a rant on the preseason than about these guys...

Strahan was fined around $200,000 for missing camp.

^I don't think they win more than 8 games this year.

I'm just curious why?

It seems the team is closer now that Tiki is gone. If Eli has improved as much as it appears (I know, it is just pre-season) the Giants offense could be just as good, if not better than last season. The defense will definitely be better because they got rid of the terrible defensive coordinator Tim Lewis.

I just don't see what makes any team in the division that much better than them. At this point I think the Eagles are the team to beat, with the Giants/Cowboys battling for 2nd and the Skins fighting no one for 4th. I don't see what the Cowboys have done this off-season to improve that much...they have a young inconsistent QB as well.

^You're the only person I've seen think the Giants will come close to 8-8. I was listening to a sports radio guy, don't remember who, but he said he would bet on the Giants having the worst record in the NFL this year. Last year he got 11 of the 12 playoff teams and 6 or 7 of the 8 division winners right.

I tend to agree with him. I think they'll be awful. Jacobs as the every down back will be interesting to see, but it all comes down to QB play, and Eli is terrible IMO.

FWIW, he also said you could flip a coin between the Browns and Bengals as to who would be the worst team in the AFC North.

^You're the only person I've seen think the Giants will come close to 8-8. I was listening to a sports radio guy, don't remember who, but he said he would bet on the Giants having the worst record in the NFL this year. Last year he got 11 of the 12 playoff teams and 6 or 7 of the 8 division winners right.

I tend to agree with him. I think they'll be awful. Jacobs as the every down back will be interesting to see, but it all comes down to QB play, and Eli is terrible IMO.

FWIW, he also said you could flip a coin between the Browns and Bengals as to who would be the worst team in the AFC North.

Does it really matter what everyone else says? They didn't predict the Giants to make the playoffs either of the past 2 seasons either. Everyone is under the impression that losing Tiki will kill the Giants. While I think he was a GREAT player and the offensive MVP for the Giants...I think you have to move on. I believe the Giants have. I think Brandon Jacobs mixed with a little Reuben Droughns/Derrick Ward/Ahmad Bradshaw will be effective at RB.

OBVIOUSLY, I'm biased. If you think I don't know that EVERYONE thinks the Giants stink...you're wrong. I've read nearly every sports "expert" opinion and they all say they'll stink. But I've learned not to listen to people like John Clayton and Sean Salisbury among other football "experts". They're not always right. Plus, if they were...we wouldn't even need to watch. :D

BTW...Eli is TERRIBLE? That's a big statement. While I will agree that he hasn't been what he's expected to be...he's been far from terrible. Wanna re-think that comment a bit?

BTW, have you seen him play this pre-season? A new QB coach (Chris Palmer) and a new O-Coordinator (Kevin Gilbride) might be just what Eli needed.

BTW...Eli is TERRIBLE? That's a big statement. While I will agree that he hasn't been what he's expected to be...he's been far from terrible. Wanna re-think that comment a bit?

BTW, have you seen him play this pre-season? A new QB coach (Chris Palmer) and a new O-Coordinator (Kevin Gilbride) might be just what Eli needed.

Nope, until he shows me otherwise, I stand by my statement.

I don't pay attention to how anyone plays in preseason. 90% of the time it has no bearing on the regular season.

Nope, until he shows me otherwise, I stand by my statement.

I don't pay attention to how anyone plays in preseason. 90% of the time it has no bearing on the regular season.

No problemo. I have a feeling he'll have a great year this year. But then again...I always think the Giants will do good. I have to think that way, otherwise I'll sit around questioning why I even like football :lol:.

I can see the Bengals finishing 3rd but no way in the heck they challenge the Browns for the 4th spot.

:thumb: :thumb:

Bad QB, big holes on D, one legit WR who plays when he feels like it and a 264(listed) more like 250 pound feature back that hasn't carried more than 12 times in one game. I don't think he will work out.

:thumb: :thumb:

Bad QB, big holes on D, one legit WR who plays when he feels like it and a 264(listed) more like 250 pound feature back that hasn't carried more than 12 times in one game. I don't think he will work out.

Big holes on D? Only in the secondary. The D-line has a lot of depth and the linebackers are solid.

They have two good WR's. Plaxico's production dropped last year after Amani Toomer got hurt. If Amani is healthy, the Giants offense runs smooth. Go look at when Eli's numbers declined last year...it was after Toomer went down.

You don't think Jacobs is 260? You can't be serious. Have you seen the guy? He's HUGE. He's at least 260, maybe more.

I'm also curious why you don't think he'll work out? He's been productive when given a chance, and can you imagine trying to tackle him late in the 2nd half? I don't think many defenses are going to be happy to see Droughns and Jacobs carrying the ball all game long...

Oh, and you know Jacobs is huge when he makes Droughns look small.