Strahan is back, Trotter a buck and Rice a Bronco

stick1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All three of those guys are very close to being afterthoughts.

I think Strahan will have a big year...barring another injury. With teams doubling Osi Umenyiora, Strahan will be 1 on 1 a lot. He usually gets the best of a lineman if he's matched up 1 on 1 all day.

I think Strahan will have a big year...barring another injury. With teams doubling Osi Umenyiora, Strahan will be 1 on 1 a lot. He usually gets the best of a lineman if he's matched up 1 on 1 all day.
What do you consider a big year?

You do realize he's about to turn 36 and he's missed 7 of his last 8 games.

Yeah, thats what L.T. did I can't stand it. If your going to play get in there and take your licks like everyone else out there on the first team. I know he is good but he looks like a sissy not playing the preseason and I have very little respect for him. I know that does not amount to anything but thats how I feel. As a former offensive lineman my running back was always close with us, he does not seem to have that closeness with his. But it will catch up to him. Sorry for going off topic but thats what Strahan is doing.

What do you consider a big year?

You do realize he's about to turn 36 and he's missed 7 of his last 8 games.

He was playing very well last year before his injury. I do not consider sacks a big year. I do think he'll get 10-11 sacks, but that is not where Strahan is the most important to the Giants. He is still one of the best at stopping the run IMO. Without him last year the Giants run D was TERRIBLE. He will help tremendously in that area. I do think the Giants have someone behind Strahan who is waiting to break out (Justin Tuck) but I don't think Strahan is done yet. I like the Giants depth at DE right now though....

I dond't think its fair where a player sits out the pre-season and then decides..."well I guess I'll come on back out and play". What if all the players did that? Make him sit out a few games and run.

He's been out there in training camp for 15 straight years. I don't think it's that bad if he misses one. :lol: