2007/2008 Lexington Catholic

My understanding is that when you physically move, you have an option on whether you enroll in the public school in that district or the private one.

Vince Sanford chose the private school, Lexington Catholic. The irony of this situation is that his father coached last season at Lafayette, his son's former school.

Does anyone know he his father will still coach at Lafayette or can I make an educated guess and answer my own question?

Which public school district is Sanford now living in?

Tyler Botkin will remind you alot of Tyler Hicks. It may not be pretty at times but the kid gives you 110% everytime. I have watched him play since he was around 10 years old. What a great kid to watch play hard as he does.

I think the 2 big concerns of LexCath right now is.

1) Point guard play. I am not sure who will run it with this team.

2) Depth. I know they have Corbin back, but other than that what quality depth do they have? I am sure there are some younger guys, but I don't know much about their situation.

That being said LexCath has a lot going for them.

I think the 2 big concerns of LexCath right now is.

1) Point guard play. I am not sure who will run it with this team.

2) Depth. I know they have Corbin back, but other than that what quality depth do they have? I am sure there are some younger guys, but I don't know much about their situation.

That being said LexCath has a lot going for them.

I agree that Botkin is capable player, and will probably have to take a lot of the load at point. IMO Catholic did a lot better job last year, particularly against pressing teams, when they brought Stewart up the middle to help bring the ball up the floor to take pressure off of their guards because they will not match up with some of the quicker teams in the 11th.

They are going to be depth-challenged particularly if Novosel has to be out for any reason, but that can be said for most teams.

• 2 months later...
i think the knights will be the deepest team in the state. They have 9 seniors and most will play, while they also have a couple of young players who could end up seeing spot minutes

Yes, they are probably as deep as anyone. As I mentioned, paraphrasing...most teams would have a problem replacing their bread and butter guy who has been Novosel for the last two years. And that is not intending to take anything at all away from Stewart, Smart, Botkin, Sanford, et al of whom I think very highly. But look back at the last two years - against premier opponents - if Novosel is out, sick - or shut down, Catholic lost:

Scott County X 2 2006 and 2007 regional

Mason at MC last year

Male 5/3 finals last year

Tates Creek last year

and I saw the same this summer when he was out with an ankle sprain. A lot of this goes to how LC attacks in transition off of their press. The 5 goes to post 3 and 4 go out to wing - first look to post...if not there, kick out or shoot from wing (Smart) - slash to basket (Stewart). Catholic (nor maybe anyone else in the state) has anyone that can do what Novosel can do in the post - especially one-on-one. That is my point....not trying to diminish any of the other players.