Mason County 27 Paris 7

The Royals led 13-7 at half time, and Paris had a good drive in the 3rd quarter, but only to see it stall at the Mason Co 26 yard line. The Royals would add two more scores after that and pretty much wear down the out-numbered Greyhound football team. Overall, I thought Paris played a lot better than what I could imagine, and on the other hand, I really wasn't all that impressed with Mason County. I think both teams have a lot of growing up to do, but I think by season end Coach David Buchanan will have his team ready to make a serious run in the state playoffs. Paris, I really cannot figure out. Either North Oldham is going to be alot better or Paris could be a serious contender for their district championship if they can improve as much as they did after the North Oldham scrimmage. They just need to find more weapons on offense. And I love the way Coach Thompson coaches, and for all you old schoolers, he reminds me of a younger Homer Goins.

Congrats to the Royals on the win and imo Paris will definately be factor in our district this season. With the district being Paris, LCA, Raceland, Faiview and Nicholas Co. imo whoever may come out of it could make a very good run in the playoffs.

I give props to Paris for a good fight in the game. However the touchdown was scored on Mason when 3 starting D-Lineman, 2 starting LB's, and the starting FS were out of the game. Same with the long pass that got them to our end in the 3rd Quarter. Royals starting D dominated, the offense looked out of sync. Paris was very athletic and our WR's had problems with Paris' secondary. Mason did uncharacteristically line up and play Woody Hayes smash mouth football on offense. Royals taking care of the football with 0 turnovers to 3 for Paris was also big.

Having said that Mason better bring there A-game next week because Boone county can flat out play!!!!!!! :thumb:

A few observations:

- According to the PA announcer, MC had 200 yards of offense at the half, Paris had 77. MC dominated everywhere but the scoreboard, finishing the half deep in Paris territory but unable to score. Second half was more of the same in terms of yardage. Thompson, Pollitt amd Cox looked really good running the ball.

- Paris' #7 (a very nice athlete, by the way), broke away for their lone score after a missed tackle. Only bad mistake that Mason's defense made the whole game. Paris recovered the ensuing kickoff; their next drive stalled; Mason took it deep inside Greyhound territory but time ran out (save at least one TO, guys) keeping the score close at the half.

- A 98-yard drive in the 3rd quarter put the game away. Paris was just outmanned (I only counted 26 Greyhounds in uniform and they don't substitute much). Mason converted on several 3rd down plays along the way and was able to pretty much run the ball at will.

- Jackson Tolle had a couple of real nice catches for the Royals but the receivers for the most part had a tough time getting open. More receiving options will be needed against Boone County next week. PS - Jackson, we'll need ya the whole game next week; stock up on bananas.:D

- Goldie, the girls kickers did just fine. One was 3/4 on PATs; the other handled the kickoff chores. She doesn't kick the ball deep enough (probably averaged getting it to the 25 or so) to suit me, but she can place the ball and the kick coverage vs. Paris' vaunted speed was good. Mason County needs to find someone who can kick the deep ball; sooner or later they will need a 35 yard FG.

It's hard to find too much to complain about in a 27-7 win, but Mason will need to find more options on offense against the likes of Boone, Campbell and Russell to be successful. Good luck to the Hounds the rest of the way, and hopefully Mason will bring their A-game in the home opener next week.

A few observations:

- According to the PA announcer, MC had 200 yards of offense at the half, Paris had 77. MC dominated everywhere but the scoreboard, finishing the half deep in Paris territory but unable to score. Second half was more of the same in terms of yardage. Thompson, Pollitt amd Cox looked really good running the ball.

- Paris' #7 (a very nice athlete, by the way), broke away for their lone score after a missed tackle. Only bad mistake that Mason's defense made the whole game. Paris recovered the ensuing kickoff; their next drive stalled; Mason took it deep inside Greyhound territory but time ran out (save at least one TO, guys) keeping the score close at the half.

- A 98-yard drive in the 3rd quarter put the game away. Paris was just outmanned (I only counted 26 Greyhounds in uniform and they don't substitute much). Mason converted on several 3rd down plays along the way and was able to pretty much run the ball at will.

- Jackson Tolle had a couple of real nice catches for the Royals but the receivers for the most part had a tough time getting open. More receiving options will be needed against Boone County next week. PS - Jackson, we'll need ya the whole game next week; stock up on bananas.:D

- Goldie, the girls kickers did just fine. One was 3/4 on PATs; the other handled the kickoff chores. She doesn't kick the ball deep enough (probably averaged getting it to the 25 or so) to suit me, but she can place the ball and the kick coverage vs. Paris' vaunted speed was good. Mason County needs to find someone who can kick the deep ball; sooner or later they will need a 35 yard FG.

It's hard to find too much to complain about in a 27-7 win, but Mason will need to find more options on offense against the likes of Boone, Campbell and Russell to be successful. Good luck to the Hounds the rest of the way, and hopefully Mason will bring their A-game in the home opener next week.

Thanks papa. I think it is great that these girls are given a chance.:thumb:

A few observations:

Hard to believe with a new coach that Paris only dressed 26(that's not good). Does Bourbon County dress more? I take it from your comment on Jackson that cramping was an issue at this game. Also agree Mason is gonna have to bring an A game and then some on Friday.

Jeremy Thompson is a stud!!

Richie Cox and Jackson Tolle are studs they can physically dominate like they did last night ,how would you like to hit two 220lbs tanks that are coming at you at full speed,also the offensive line are the real studs they should have been the MVP because you could have drove a Mack truck thru the holes they made.