Cincinnati Reds

The Reds have done a ton for our Ludlow A.C. baseball program this past year. They paid all of the umpire fees for our team for summer ball and fall ball. They also gave an enormous amount of money for new gear which was horribly needed for our towns teams.

On Easter Sunday and again tomorrow they allow the team I coach, which consists of 8 and 9 year olds walk the field before games and attend for free. On Easter Sunday they even heard a story of one of our youngsters losing his mother 2 weeks earlier and gave him the game ball with which the last out was made.

I just felt that some would find the Reds doing this interesting since IMO especially the game ball incident is going above and beyond. Plus maybe this will get some fans off their back for below par play.:D On a serious note I'm very thankful for the Reds they got our program out of the hole and put excitment back into the game in Ludlow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I forgot to mention that this winter the Reds are giving all 3 of Ludlow's baseball fields a make over which is extremely needed. anyone that ever played high school ball on the beach known as Lemker Field knows what I am talking about.

Well so far I have not seen any of the fields with anything new done to them. I hope you are right though and they fix them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Reds new Ownership is very serious about rebuilding "Reds Country" and these are just a few of the things the Reds are doing to help with the process. I think its great and look for more of this kind of stuff in the near future.