Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Future Head Coaches?

Featured Replies

This thread is to get names out there of assistant coaches that you believe could one day be a successful head coach. One I feel would be great as a head coach but probably will never take the route because he seems content coaching O-line for Randy Borchers is Mark Childress. Coach Childress flat knows the game of football! He loves it and often comments on the fact that he'd give anything to play just one more game. He makes his kids play hard, has the ability in practices to keep it loose and fun but also will get quite voicetrous when needed. He is one of the few that coach to simply give back to the game what it gave to him. Like I stated before I don't see him ever leaving Ludlow but if he did a team would be very fortunate.

 

What coaches do you have to discuss?

When Coach Harp Retires from Danville,it will be handed down to Coach Perry who is already a Proven winner as a Head Coach...

Anyone that is a grad of Lawrence County. They turn out coaches like a well oiled machine.

Anyone that is a grad of Lawrence County. They turn out coaches like a well oiled machine.

You got that one right! :thumb:

I would put my money on Chris Larkey, the son of Rockcastle's Tom Larkey

Tony Saylor of Rockcastle, but he has no desire to be a head coach and he will retire when Coach Larkey retires.

  • Author

I'd also say Ryan Goss (former Ryle and Centre College star) could be a great coach if he can get players to stick around. He is currently a high school assisatant coach with what the kids describe as a CRAZY attitude. Im not even sure he coaches just one position... he can literally teach EVERY one on the field. If he could get kids to buy into his system with his craziness he'd have a great football team.

Anyone that is a grad of Lawrence County. They turn out coaches like a well oiled machine.
One of them is Micheal Copley. The D-coordinator over here at Pikeville. Won asst. coach of the year in '05 and has a bright future as a HC. To be honest though I hope hes not in any hurry to leave Pikeville LOL!!!!
Anyone that is a grad of Lawrence County. They turn out coaches like a well oiled machine.

 

 

I am a 2002 graduate of Lawrence County and I must say I am doing pretty well for myself even though I am just coaching 6th grade. ( for now :D )

Tony Saylor of Rockcastle, but he has no desire to be a head coach and he will retire when Coach Larkey retires.

 

Agreed he could have been a terrific head coach, had he wanted to.

We have been so fortunate with our awesome coaching staff that I could see most any of them in a head coaching position one day, but hope they stay around Mercer for while, sure would hate to lose any of them.

Coach Saylor and Coach Morriss at Russell are two of the best defensive minds in the state bar none. Those two guys both do an awsome job.

I am a 2002 graduate of Lawrence County and I must say I am doing pretty well for myself even though I am just coaching 6th grade. ( for now :D )

:thumb: From flag football to college to pro, there is a coach from LC in the mix. Hats off to you for taking the time to teach kids.

I'm speaking from experience, I married a Lawrence grad and she coaches me everyday.:eek: :lol:

:thumb: From flag football to college to pro, there is a coach from LC in the mix. Hats off to you for taking the time to teach kids.

I'm speaking from experience, I married a Lawrence grad and she coaches me everyday.:eek: :lol:

 

 

Most Louisa women are like that, but only if you get the good ones.:thumb:

One person that has been out of coaching for about two years that would make a good head coach is Rick Young. He was the Defensive Coordinator under Mike Jackson at Oldham County and worked at Henry County as a Special teams coordinator. Rick does a great job of working with and motivating young people. He has a keen mind for the game and works well with all levels of coaches. Unfortunately, I think he is looking for one specific job because of where he lives. But I believe he would do a great job as a head coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.