Future Head Coaches?

This thread is to get names out there of assistant coaches that you believe could one day be a successful head coach. One I feel would be great as a head coach but probably will never take the route because he seems content coaching O-line for Randy Borchers is Mark Childress. Coach Childress flat knows the game of football! He loves it and often comments on the fact that he'd give anything to play just one more game. He makes his kids play hard, has the ability in practices to keep it loose and fun but also will get quite voicetrous when needed. He is one of the few that coach to simply give back to the game what it gave to him. Like I stated before I don't see him ever leaving Ludlow but if he did a team would be very fortunate.

What coaches do you have to discuss?

I'd also say Ryan Goss (former Ryle and Centre College star) could be a great coach if he can get players to stick around. He is currently a high school assisatant coach with what the kids describe as a CRAZY attitude. Im not even sure he coaches just one position... he can literally teach EVERY one on the field. If he could get kids to buy into his system with his craziness he'd have a great football team.

Anyone that is a grad of Lawrence County. They turn out coaches like a well oiled machine.
One of them is Micheal Copley. The D-coordinator over here at Pikeville. Won asst. coach of the year in '05 and has a bright future as a HC. To be honest though I hope hes not in any hurry to leave Pikeville LOL!!!!

Anyone that is a grad of Lawrence County. They turn out coaches like a well oiled machine.

I am a 2002 graduate of Lawrence County and I must say I am doing pretty well for myself even though I am just coaching 6th grade. ( for now :D )

I am a 2002 graduate of Lawrence County and I must say I am doing pretty well for myself even though I am just coaching 6th grade. ( for now :D )

:thumb: From flag football to college to pro, there is a coach from LC in the mix. Hats off to you for taking the time to teach kids.

I'm speaking from experience, I married a Lawrence grad and she coaches me everyday.:eek: :lol:

:thumb: From flag football to college to pro, there is a coach from LC in the mix. Hats off to you for taking the time to teach kids.

I'm speaking from experience, I married a Lawrence grad and she coaches me everyday.:eek: :lol:

Most Louisa women are like that, but only if you get the good ones.:thumb:

One person that has been out of coaching for about two years that would make a good head coach is Rick Young. He was the Defensive Coordinator under Mike Jackson at Oldham County and worked at Henry County as a Special teams coordinator. Rick does a great job of working with and motivating young people. He has a keen mind for the game and works well with all levels of coaches. Unfortunately, I think he is looking for one specific job because of where he lives. But I believe he would do a great job as a head coach.