Do Independent school districts have an unfair advantge of public and private schools

98NCCalum

Does anyone know Bowling Green's policy regarding out of district students? They are an independent school district, and I have heard that they have a large number of out-of-district students with a nominal tuition rate. I don't know this as fact and that is why I am asking, so please, don't take this as spreading unfounded rumors. Does anyone know their policy, procedure, and cost? Does anyone know if they have tuition breaks for out-of-district students who exhibit a family financial need for a break in their tuition cost? Does anyone know how many athletes on their rosters are out-of-district? If someone has this information (and it is accurate), I think they would be a good measruing stick for this issue. They seem to have a lot of athletic success and a strong academic reputation.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Public and Independant schools are the same. They may both except students from outside their district and charge tuition."

originally posted by Oldschoolwrestler

If oldschoolwrestler's statement above is correct, what advantage does a private, independent, or county school have since parents can choose to send their kids to any of these 3 options when they enter their freshmen year?

This is copied DIRECTLY from Danville Independent's website!

Out of District Students

We welcome out of district students under admission guidelines. If you are interested in attending the Danville Schools but live out of the district's boundaries, contact Mr. Chuck Stallard, Director of Pupil Personnel, at 859-936-8512.

Sounds to me like they won't take em either.

:laugh: Very good Mr. Holmes, :lol: .

"Public and Independant schools are the same. They may both except students from outside their district and charge tuition."

originally posted by Oldschoolwrestler

If oldschoolwrestler's statement above is correct, what advantage does a private, independent, or county school have since parents can choose to send their kids to any of these 3 options when they enter their freshmen year?

none between the public and independant, but both of these schools have students they must take, where private schools do not have student they must take.