Do Independent school districts have an unfair advantge of public and private schools

98NCCalum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by The Scribe

Better yet..let's separate the state into two classes...winners and losers. Any school that has won a state title in the past 20 years go into one class, those who have never won anything go into another. Isn't this really what this arguement breaks down to anyway?

Scribe I think thats what some people want. Sad but true. I think the system is fine the way it is.

Originally posted by CCH1885

Scribe I think thats what some people want. Sad but true. I think the system is fine the way it is.

ME TOO!!!!! The only reason I started this thread was to point out the hypocrisy of some of the poeple who and reasons for saying there should be a Private class. And I succeeded in doing that. The same arguments can be made for either one. and they are very very similar. And if you look aty it openly, there is no way you can argue that Independent schools have more leeway than Private schools, in that they can charge next to nothing, and still accept anyone.

I think the system is fine. And there is nothing wrong with it, Anymore breakdown of classifications and the system would be watered down. T and X have an advatnage, you're all right, they are traditionally superior athletically, and academically and in the community. They have tradition and kids want to go there, and not just to play football.

Originally posted by 98NCCalum

ME TOO!!!!! The only reason I started this thread was to point out the hypocrisy of some of the poeple who and reasons for saying there should be a Private class.

Posts advocating a separate class for private schools are few and far between on this board. Simply pointing out the advantages some private schools enjoy doesn't mean one is advocating a separate class.

"The only reason I started this thread was to point out the hypocrisy of some of the poeple who and reasons for saying there should be a Private class. And I succeeded in doing that."

Funny you say this now...

Until I read it, you had me convinced the independents should be in their own class along with the private schools...

There ARE a lot of competitive ( though not necessarily unfair) advantages in these systems over regular public schools....

Originally posted by oneijoe

"The only reason I started this thread was to point out the hypocrisy of some of the poeple who and reasons for saying there should be a Private class. And I succeeded in doing that."

Funny you say this now...

Until I read it, you had me convinced the independents should be in their own class along with the private schools...

There ARE a lot of competitive ( though not necessarily unfair) advantages in these systems over regular public schools....

No I did start it just to point it out, however i do believe they have more of an advantage than regular public schools. I believe most private schools and independent schools do have somewhat of an advantage of a school that is simply public. But that being said, I do not feel in our state that it should be seperated.

I would say they do have advantages over the others, however, my point was to show most of you out there, that there are some mighty big traditionally powerful schools out there that have all the advantages of private schools yet hide behind their "public" school personna.

I don't think for Kentucky a seperate class for private, independent or public is necessary, however, there are a lot of "public" schools out there that take kids, charge them very little, and they do not live in that district. I just wanted everyone to realize that before the Public/Private debate got too far out of hand again.

Nice, very nice way of trying to start trouble on here, funny thing is it's coming from a PRIVATE SCHOOL GRAD!

Are you serious? Saying that independent schools charge very little too attend? Give me a break, where are your FACTS to back this statement up? I'll point out one MISTAKE already, Danville, they closed their doors to out of district student athletes did they not? If you live outside of the city limits you go to Boyle Co..

Do you actually think a school is going to throw money away (lose money) to accept an out of district student? NO! They will charge at least what they get from the state on the other kids. Try calling Beechwood and asking about tuition, It will be in the neighborhood of what NCC charges, at least.

But the most important issue is that ALL parents have the right to send their kid to any school they see fit!

You may want to do at least some research before you post these things.

Originally posted by SportsGuy41017

Nice, very nice way of trying to start trouble on here, funny thing is it's coming from a PRIVATE SCHOOL GRAD!

Are you serious? Saying that independent schools charge very little too attend? Give me a break, where are your FACTS to back this statement up? I'll point out one MISTAKE already, Danville, they closed their doors to out of district student athletes did they not? If you live outside of the city limits you go to Boyle Co..

Do you actually think a school is going to throw money away (lose money) to accept an out of district student? NO! They will charge at least what they get from the state on the other kids. Try calling Beechwood and asking about tuition, It will be in the neighborhood of what NCC charges, at least.

But the most important issue is that ALL parents have the right to send their kid to any school they see fit!

You may want to do at least some research before you post these things.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beechwood may be but for the most part public, or independent schools charge way way way way way less than there Private couterparts.

Secondly, we've discussed the boyle Danville thing. And I received a call back from someone in the Danville district. If you live outside the county, you may attend Danville Independent schools. So..........

Originally posted by 98NCCalum

No not really. Why when someone disagrees with you, do they not know what they are talking about? Even if they're right?

I only tell people they don't know what they are talking about when they don't know what they are talking about. Not when they disagree.