Will the new St.X facility...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity has some low key tailgating most games....often times by the same core group of people.....food was set up on folding tables.....on occasion for colder games a heater and tent were set up...trash was always picked up and the parking lot asphalt was left untarnished. Some of the students listened to music and played the corn hole game. There was never an issue raised by school officials and not the group ever gave them any reason execute a "cease and desist" order.

Trinity has some low key tailgating most games....often times by the same core group of people.....food was set up on folding tables.....on occasion for colder games a heater and tent were set up...trash was always picked up and the parking lot asphalt was left untarnished. Some of the students listened to music and played the corn hole game. There was never an issue raised by school officials and not the group ever gave them any reason execute a "cease and desist" order.

I attended the Montgomery Bell game last year at Trinity and thought the atmosphere surrounding the stadium was excellent. Very unique and family-oriented atmosphere.

I sure hope the administration takes an objective look at the situation surronding tailgating at the X home games. Obviously, no alcohol for those in attendance. However, good judgement must be used for those who wish to "relax" and "enjoy" the spirit of HS athletic competition. If the school adopts a zero tollarance policy, many fans will be forced to park and tailgate at GRC. I don't have a problem with that. I just feel we as alumni and fans need to keep in all in perspective and not go overboard and creat problems that do not need the attention that the X administration would love to address and ruin it for all..... I welcome commets on the subject...

I sure hope the administration takes an objective look at the situation surronding tailgating at the X home games. Obviously, no alcohol for those in attendance. However, good judgement must be used for those who wish to "relax" and "enjoy" the spirit of HS athletic competition. If the school adopts a zero tollarance policy, many fans will be forced to park and tailgate at GRC. I don't have a problem with that. I just feel we as alumni and fans need to keep in all in perspective and not go overboard and creat problems that do not need the attention that the X administration would love to address and ruin it for all..... I welcome commets on the subject...

I definitely plan on exploring a more definitive response from the administration on its tailgating policy at Tiger home games. As you have already noted, the use of alcoholic beverages are always a concern and are a firm "no-no" on campus. There are also potential congestion problems in the parking lot, as well as trash and litter problems. :cool:

Didn't X send a letter out to its ticketholders, alumni, etc. regarding not drinking at the T v. X game at Papa John's a few years ago? (Trinity may have done the same thing, but I don't recall.)

CR, you are right. Dr. Sangalli did send out a letter about not drinking at the X vs. T game at Papa John's for the last two years. I would be greatly surprised if Mullins didn't do the same thing at Trinity.

I think a reason the tailgating issue , based on a few years ago, would be cleanup.

I'm think you are right, Tigercat. The "powers that be" are definitely concerned about potential litter problems.

If littering becomes a problem, there will just be more work for kids in JUG. As far as I'm concerned, it's a win-win. People get to tailgate and there would be even more reason not to get JUG.

If littering becomes a problem, there will just be more work for kids in JUG. As far as I'm concerned, it's a win-win. People get to tailgate and there would be even more reason not to get JUG.

I don't think that they had Saturday morning JUG when we were students. Surely they don't want the trash blowing all over the place until Monday afternoon. :lol: