Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will the new St.X facility...

Featured Replies

Change any of the rituals/traditions before games for Tiger fans or for those who casually cheer for them during bye weeks?

 

For instance do you still intend to have your weekly ritual of Check's before your games now that your stadium isn't right across the street?

 

What affect might this have on the culture of St. X athletics?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tailgate in the parking lot instead of Checks. I hope I can take a grill.

This is a topic that has drawn some interest from X fans. The culture of St. X football is, in some ways, unique. (I am sure this is true for most successful programs). X played in the largest high school stadium in the state, an old stadium that was steeped in tradition. X was a tenant in the stadium. It was located in an older, somewhat insular neighborhood. There are a number of restaurant/watering holes nearby, some owned by X people, that have been in business for decades, or even more than a half century. X fans, parents and players gathered at those locations, not just on game nights, and the topic of conversation was often athletic exploits, some of which occurred 50 or 60 years ago. Legends were burnished and grew in the retelling. All of these factors contributed to make the X football experience different from most school's experiences.

The new stadium brings promise of new rituals and traditions. It is impossible to forecast where they will lead. However, it would be a pity, not just for X, but for Louisville and Kentucky high school football,, to witness a wholesale abandonment of all of the old traditions and rituals.

Tailgate in the parking lot instead of Checks. I hope I can take a grill.

 

From what I've heard, tailgating will not be allowed.

Why can't you tailgate with KFC and sprite?

Brats, burgers and refreshments are all part of my pregame. I will bring my own grill and looking forward to the fun...

From what I've heard, tailgating will not be allowed.

It'll turn out OK...bet on that.

From what I've heard, tailgating will not be allowed.

 

Ox, have you heard this from persons in authority, or is it scuttlebut?

 

Trinity fans-I have attended three games at the new stadium, but do not recall if there is tailgating. (I've seen a lot of tail kicking-by T- of their opponents:D). If there is tailgating permitted, how has it worked out?

Ox, have you heard this from persons in authority, or is it scuttlebut?

 

Trinity fans-I have attended three games at the new stadium, but do not recall if there is tailgating. (I've seen a lot of tail kicking-by T- of their opponents:D). If there is tailgating permitted, how has it worked out?

 

I'm afraid that this comes from a very high authority.

Ox, have you heard this from persons in authority, or is it scuttlebut?

 

Trinity fans-I have attended three games at the new stadium, but do not recall if there is tailgating. (I've seen a lot of tail kicking-by T- of their opponents:D). If there is tailgating permitted, how has it worked out?

From the few games I attended at T, didn't really see any tailgating. Only a few high school kids listening to some loud music.

I for one will still be going to Flabby's and Check's pre and post game and throw a trip to Vito's in there as well. I just have not figured out the parking deal yet!

Im thinking that Germantown Ball Park as a very good "tailgate" venue. If we are "not allowed" there, then we will try George Rogers Park..... I know St. X does not own that.... Besides, people cook out and grill at the park all the time.... Whats the problem folks.

Im thinking that Germantown Ball Park as a very good "tailgate" venue. If we are "not allowed" there, then we will try George Rogers Park..... I know St. X does not own that.... Besides, people cook out and grill at the park all the time.... Whats the problem folks.

 

As long as you are not doing it on St. X. property, there is no problem. George Rogers Clark Park is about to become a lot more popular.

I'm afraid that this comes from a very high authority.

It will still go down...and end up OK...just wait and see.,

I for one will still be going to Flabby's and Check's pre and post game and throw a trip to Vito's in there as well. I just have not figured out the parking deal yet!

I will be at Check's for my meal on the 24th of August.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.