Rod Stewart

I'll just put in my two cents:

I've seen Rod Stewart twice, and he's worth every penny you pay, if you're a fan.

He absolutely puts on a great show. He's an entertainer

Of course, if you're like Jim, and you don't like him, you won't enjoy it, and you'll have spent too much.

I, for one, would love to see him for a 3rd time!

For the record, his music lately has been re-making the standards of Sinatra and the like. And they are great!

I've seen Rod Stewart twice, and he's worth every penny you pay, if you're a fan.

Of course, if you're like Jim, and you don't like him, you won't enjoy it, and you'll have spent too much.

For the record, his music lately has been re-making the standards of Sinatra and the like. And they are great!

My parents saw him out in Vegas a few years ago and had a blast. Great entertainment...

:ylsuper: I'm right there with rockmom- I've seen him twice, and he's worth every penny you pay, if you're a fan. He does put on a great show. I too would love to see him for a third time. I have his newest CD and love it!!!!!!:thumb:

Jim is to music, as Mikey is to LIFE cereal. :D

Nah, I just don't like seeing aging relics blow the image I have in my head of when they once were great. Rod Stewart was fantastic in the '70s. Don't have much use for him now (although I'll confess that the recording of him helping out Jerry Lee Lewis on "What Made Milwaukee Famous ..." was pretty cool. Not sure when it was recorded, though).

To be fair, I pretty much refuse to pay more than $30 for any concert. It broke my heart a few years back to pay $75 to see Springsteen and the E Street Band, even though it was an outstanding show.

Nah, I just don't like seeing aging relics blow the image I have in my head of when they once were great. Rod Stewart was fantastic in the '70s. Don't have much use for him now (although I'll confess that the recording of him helping out Jerry Lee Lewis on "What Made Milwaukee Famous ..." was pretty cool. Not sure when it was recorded, though).
So you're saying the madatory retirement age for any musical performer should be right around 35?

Somebody get in touch with Wayne, Babs, and Elton!

So you're saying the madatory retirement age for any musical performer should be right around 35?

Somebody get in touch with Wayne, Babs, and Elton!

Now you're putting words into my mouth.

Rod Stewart has been pretty much out of the spotlight for the last 20 years and hasn't done anything worthwhile creatively for almost 30. There's just nothing about seeing him live, now, that intrigues me. I've seen the concert clips from the '70s of him solo and with The Faces. Seeing him now would just be a disappointment, to me.

That's why, in a way, I'm happy that Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Doors and any number of bands were forced to quit because of the tragic incidents involving those in the band.

Yes, the surviving members have gone on to do quick cash in reunion get togethers, but most of us will just remember them up to a certain point.

As much as I love the Beatles, I just don't know if I wanted to see them in their 60's singing about a Hard Day's Night.