Macy to UK????????

hoopsrbest

Why do you think Macy had such a hard time maintaining and keeping talent at MSU?

I think its because he acted like he was better than everyone else in the town and blamed all miscues on his players instead of accepting the blame himself. He called one of his players a "mama's boy" during a pregame radio interview because that player was injured and went back home to be examined and missed a game. His exact comment was, "most players would suck it up and play tonight, but he felt he needed to run back home to mommy..."

Yeah, that's what I want to hear from my head coach!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its because he acted like he was better than everyone else in the town and blamed all miscues on his players instead of accepting the blame himself. He called one of his players a "mama's boy" during a pregame radio interview because that player was injured and went back home to be examined and missed a game. His exact comment was, "most players would suck it up and play tonight, but he felt he needed to run back home to mommy..."

The kid your talking about was IMO the toughest player on the team.

Let's face it ... it's hard to attract a lot of talent to Morehead, because of the rural location and a program with little in terms of tradition. It takes a dynamic personality to get recruits to come there, and Macy just isn't that kind of guy.

Murray isn't exactly a metropolis, but they've managed to build their program over the last fifteen years or so. In the early 1980s, Morehead had some quality teams in the OVC. A dynamic young coach could put the Eagles into the top of the conference and it seems like Tyndall is on his way to doing that.

Wireman, I'm starting to think that one of us needs to go ahead and start the thread titled "100 Reasons Why Kyle Macy Should Never Be A D-1 Coach for the Rest of His Life...":ylsuper:

Murray isn't exactly a metropolis, but they've managed to build their program over the last fifteen years or so. In the early 1980s, Morehead had some quality teams in the OVC. A dynamic young coach could put the Eagles into the top of the conference and it seems like Tyndall is on his way to doing that.
Murray has amassed a slew of OVC banners over the last 20 years ... that's why they get players and their coaching job is always a hot one on the "I'm ready to be a head coach" circuit.

Murray can effectively tell a recruit that history shows they will get to play in one or two NCAA tournaments over the course of their career.