Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Macy to UK????????

Featured Replies

Why wouldn't Coach G consider adding Kyle Macy to his staff or is he?

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why wouldn't Coach G consider adding Kyle Macy to his staff or is he?

 

Why would he?

I believe Macy's coaching career is over after his unsuccessful years at Morehead. However he would be a good "Free Throw Consultant" if there is such a thing!!

  • Author

There are shooting coaches in the NBA but I don't know of any in the college game. Macy has a lot contacts, knows what it takes to win, (I believe he was just a little instrumental in the success of the '78 Wildcats) and did a decent job at Morehead. He got caught with a bunch of freshamn due to graduation and injuries in his last year. At a mid-major you're always going to struggle with freshman.

I believe Macy's coaching career is over after his unsuccessful years at Morehead. However he would be a good "Free Throw Consultant" if there is such a thing!!

 

I don't want Macy on staff. I want him announcing games and let Martin Newton go coach somewhere!

Good players ≠ Good Coaches

There are shooting coaches in the NBA but I don't know of any in the college game. Macy has a lot contacts, knows what it takes to win, (I believe he was just a little instrumental in the success of the '78 Wildcats) and did a decent job at Morehead. He got caught with a bunch of freshman due to graduation and injuries in his last year. At a mid-major you're always going to struggle with freshman.
Cant' see it and let's be honest, he won as a player....didn't translate, over into recruiting or coaching.

What is there one more coaching spot to fill, and then whatever position it was that Finney and Cam Hill held? I would think he would get one guy with Kentucky ties in that last coaching spot, but Macy is not that guy.

I don't want Macy on staff. I want him announcing games and let Martin Newton go coach somewhere!

 

Works for me as long as he's coaching out of state somewhere.

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY asset that Macy could bring to the Wildcats would be his expertise on the art of free throw shooting. Other than that, he is absolutely worthless!!! I watched this guy coach for the 3 years that I was at MSU and he was the worst coach that I had ever seen in my life...

I don't want Macy on staff. I want him announcing games and let Martin Newton go coach somewhere!

 

 

You are joking...right?

You are joking...right?

 

Yes and no. He doesn't have to go coach anywhere, just so long as he quits announcing UK games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.