Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Macy to UK????????

Featured Replies

Yes and no. He doesn't have to go coach anywhere, just so long as he quits announcing UK games.

I agree 1000%. I think Mike Pratt does a great job on the radio.:thumb:

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree 1000%. I think Mike Pratt does a great job on the radio.:thumb:

 

I agree on Pratt, mostly because he doesn't talk too much. TV announcers tend to forget that we're watching the game, they don't have to talk about everything that happens. They don't have to talk over replays repeatedly. The don't have to give nicknames to players. They don't have to openly kiss the tail of the coaches. They don't have to imply that UK will be a Final Four contender when its evident that they won't.

 

The only way I would become a Martin Newton fan is if he reached over and slapped Dave Baker across the head. Then I'll change!

I am so glad that I clicked on this thread and discovered that it wasn't in the works. I was getting ready to call the UK basketball office and complain.

 

Macy was a great player and I'll always consider him a big part of UK's basketball history. What he isn't - is a basketball coach. Some of the people on here that have watched MSU basketball and lived in Morehead could come up with 100 reasons to keep him as far away from the UK program as possible. Maybe he can be the "Y" in the Kentucky cheer or something, but nowhere near the bench.

I am so glad that I clicked on this thread and discovered that it wasn't in the works. I was getting ready to call the UK basketball office and complain.

 

Macy was a great player and I'll always consider him a big part of UK's basketball history. What he isn't - is a basketball coach. Some of the people on here that have watched MSU basketball and lived in Morehead could come up with 100 reasons to keep him as far away from the UK program as possible. Maybe he can be the "Y" in the Kentucky cheer or something, but nowhere near the bench.

 

Wireman, just tell me when and I will start naming the reasons to keep him away!:thumb:

Wireman, just tell me when and I will start naming the reasons to keep him away!:thumb:

 

Yeah, BigBlueFreak and myself will back you up 100%!

I dont know anything about macy... but why doesnt anyone like him...:lol:

I dont know anything about macy... but why doesnt anyone like him...:lol:

Because he can't coach PERIOD

There was talk awhile back about adding Issel to the staff. Has there been any new developments there or was that strickly speculation?

Billy Donovan?

 

I am debunking the myth that just because you are a good player, it does not mean you will be a good coach - not trying to make a scientific proclimation here. Donovan is one of many that have been good at both.

 

Same with Michael Jordan, just because he was a great player, it does give him the ability to be a great GM.

For every 'Billy Donovan' you show me, I'll show you a 'Steve Alford'.

Macy would be the worst hire ever. He set Morehead back 10 years while he was there.

Great ball player for Big Blue. Lets just remember #5 for that silky smooth jump shot.

  • Author

I'll take Steve Alford to coach and I think Pratt is terrible. Tom Leach saves him all of the time.

Good Coaches who played:

John Wooden

Bob Knight

Rick Pitino

Pat Riley

Don Nelson

Lute Olson

Mike (the guy from Duke)

I'l just stop there it's getting boring

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.