Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Macy to UK????????

Featured Replies

Plenty of good coaches were players... In fact, it's pretty rare that a coach was not a player before...

 

But with the good, you must also take the bad... And you can have Steve Alford if you want him, but you'll likely lose. ;)

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll take Steve Alford to coach and I think Pratt is terrible. Tom Leach saves him all of the time.

Good Coaches who played:

John Wooden

Bob Knight

Rick Pitino

Pat Riley

Don Nelson

Lute Olson

Mike (the guy from Duke)

I'l just stop there it's getting boring

 

Are you saying that these guys were all good players?????? Even Pitino admits he wasn't a good player.

What value does Macy bring?

 

 

NONE

I'll take Steve Alford to coach and I think Pratt is terrible. Tom Leach saves him all of the time.

Good Coaches who played:

John Wooden

Bob Knight

Rick Pitino

Pat Riley

Don Nelson

Lute Olson

Mike (the guy from Duke)

I'l just stop there it's getting boring

Steve Alfords so good he left before he got fired. You want to hear terrible did you listen when Sam Bowie did the games,and Ralph Hacker went from color to calling the games. Now that was terrible.

  • Author

Couldn't agree more on the tandem of Bowie and Hacker.

Great ball player for Big Blue. Lets just remember #5 for that silky smooth jump shot.

 

#4, wasn't he?

maybe..I was only 4 when he played:jump:

 

I was yet to be born!

Macy could help in any capacity needed. He is traveling the state over the summer and putting on shooting and fundamental camps at various locations.

Macy would be the worst hire ever. He set Morehead back 10 years while he was there.

Jmo but I think that MSU is a lose/lose situation. A new coach coming in might have a couple of years of moderate sucsess bc of the "new guy/new blood factor" and then it goes back downhill. Don't get me wrong, I like Morehead and really pull for them, I just don't think that anyone is going to have a lot of sucsess there. When I think about it, one of the coaches that got MSU the most notoriaty was Dick Fick!!:eek: and that was bc he was a "basket case" on the sidelines :lol: and a laughing stock of the media and fans. Peope piled into the games to watch him and not the game. JMO but that is not the kind of press that I would want.

 

Kyle Macy is a beloved Wildcat and is a great ambassador for U.K. basketball. I honestly don't know how well he would fit in on the U.K. staff. Maybe so, maybe not. I am just not going to trash Macy bc of his lack of lasting sucsess at Morehead. ;)

Adding Macy to Gillispie's staff wouldn't have very many benefits. The one thing I could potentially think of would be a marginal boost with in-state recruiting. But I just don't think it would be a good idea.

Jmo but I think that MSU is a lose/lose situation. A new coach coming in might have a couple of years of moderate sucsess bc of the "new guy/new blood factor" and then it goes back downhill. Don't get me wrong, I like Morehead and really pull for them, I just don't think that anyone is going to have a lot of sucsess there. When I think about it, one of the coaches that got MSU the most notoriaty was Dick Fick!!:eek: and that was bc he was a "basket case" on the sidelines :lol: and a laughing stock of the media and fans. Peope piled into the games to watch him and not the game. JMO but that is not the kind of press that I would want.

 

Kyle Macy is a beloved Wildcat and is a great ambassador for U.K. basketball. I honestly don't know how well he would fit in on the U.K. staff. Maybe so, maybe not. I am just not going to trash Macy bc of his lack of lasting sucsess at Morehead. ;)

 

I agree that it's not all Macy's fault that MSU struggled while he was there. Recruiting for any coach at MSU is hard because of the locale, size of school, OVC conference.

 

I think Macy stayed too long at MSU and committed coaching suicide by not jumping ship when other schools were interested in him, such at Loyola-Chicago.

 

Remember, Macy did win a regular season OVC title and one of his teams led the nation FG % and FT %.

I agree that it's not all Macy's fault that MSU struggled while he was there. Recruiting for any coach at MSU is hard because of the locale, size of school, OVC conference.

 

I think Macy stayed too long at MSU and committed coaching suicide by not jumping ship when other schools were interested in him, such at Loyola-Chicago.

 

Remember, Macy did win a regular season OVC title and one of his teams led the nation FG % and FT %.

 

The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing that Macy did while at MSU was get Ricky Minard to come there. The only reason he even went to MSU was because of his cousin, Marquis Sykes. Macy recruited players that were NAIA caliber players. Half of the team from 2 years ago has transferred to Shawnee State in Ohio! He just flat out can not coach!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.