How would yesterday change your view as a parent...

ladiesbballcoach

if your daughter or son had signed a LOI with VTech or is being recruited by them?

My head says it shouldn't, but my heart is FAR from that reasoning.

The anguish that the parents are going through is unimaginable to me. The fear they went through yesterday is mindnumbing to me.

By now, everyone should know that this type of thing can happen anywhere. I'm not sure you can protect your kids that much, although it would be nice.

:thumb: Parents could choose to not send their kids to VTech after this incident, but it could just as easily happen at whatever college or university they send their kid to...Unfortunately, this is the world we live in.

I would certainly be concerned but I'm sure, security will be heightened and possibly, better than most collegiate institutions.

I would tour the facility, with my child and discuss the safeguards, in place for student-athletes, during off time and study hours.

Tragedies like this, can happen at any school and from this incident, I foresee many colleges and high schools, changing procedures for entrance and even being on campus.

Well if I were about to attend VT, the first question that would cross my mind is do I want to walk around the campus being paranoid and in fear all the time? I would be misable and it would be hard to concentrate on my studies and athletics and probably get behind in both.