How would yesterday change your view as a parent...

ladiesbballcoach

By now, everyone should know that this type of thing can happen anywhere. I'm not sure you can protect your kids that much, although it would be nice.

That's what I think, too.

The sad reality is that no one can predict acts of violence like this. It happened on the VaTech campus, and it wasn't handled extremely well, but I couldn't say that I could do any better. But this could have happened on any campus in the U.S., IMO.

if your daughter or son had signed a LOI with VTech or is being recruited by them?

My head says it shouldn't, but my heart is FAR from that reasoning.

The anguish that the parents are going through is unimaginable to me. The fear they went through yesterday is mindnumbing to me.

I was going to bring this up last night but I didnt think it was appropriate yet.

I understand that this could happen on any campus at anytime. Thats the scary part.

I honestly think if I were being recruited highly by V Tech I would tell them no thanks.

Another series of questions, how it would affect you to be assigned to the dorm that this started? The classroom building that so many lost their lives in? Can VTech ever use those buildings again?

Thats a good question. I hadnt thought of that yet. I know in some states a person selling a home is forced to tell potential home buyers if someone was murdered or died of un natural causes in their home.

Because the dorm shooting only happened in one room I would think VT would keep that room empty next year.

I understand that this would affect parents feelings of their children attending this University but I personally don't feel that it should.

It shouldnt affect the way parents and students feel about attending VT because it could happen anywhere at anytime. It will affect the way people feel about the school though. I know it would affect me.