Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WLEX Reports............

Featured Replies

Im gonna have to track a few flights and call my realtor before I believe this. I'll let you know what my people tell me.

 

It might be easier if you just stake yourself out in front of Wildcat Lodge.

  • Replies 195
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt it..I believe in loyalty 100% . . . . . but there is no U of L coming out in me.

 

Ok I will give you the UL part. I, like you believe in loyalty. But where is the loyalty in this case? Why can't it be viewed as him following Billy D? Why is it viewed as him going to the school?

RP, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.

 

When a player signs his LOI, how much thought do you believe really goes into the opinion of the school in the majority of situations? Are they going to get a tour of the gym they'll be playing their games in, or have a meet and greet with their potential professors? Most of these players know little about the schools they are going to, but lots about their athletic programs. When signing the document, in the mind of the student athlete, they are committing to the coach as well as the school.

 

IF Jordan chooses to opt out (and is permissed to do so) of his LOI and ends up at UK, I'm a firm believer that he'll get as good of an education as he would've at A&M.

 

I don't believe that it's fair to hold a player to an agreement he signed before a great deal of the situation he would be walking into changed a great deal. If you're going to hold a player to a school, at least let them know the professors they'll more than likely be interacting with on a daily basis. No part of the recruiting process is about the education, so why would they consider their LOI to be? If their coach leaves, more often than not they've got nothing... Everything they knew when they signed has been turned completely upside down. They're now walking blindly into a situation that they don't want to be in, and I don't think it's right to hold them to that.

 

Just my 2 cents...

Just seems to me that anti-UK fans say it's not ok... and uk fans are all for it.

I would only agree to this thought if the kid actually signed with the coach...that is not the case...like I said...I know that I am in the minority on this, but I feel very strongly about the ethics of this sort of shifting.

 

All things being equal, I agree.

 

But when a coach leaves, all things are not equal anymore. The equation changes drastically and it is something out of the control of the student/athlete.

 

And just for the record, before somebody says this, my feelings on this have nothing to do with the UK situation or this particular athlete. I just think it is the right thing to do (allowing the kid to reevaluate his position when a change in coaching occurs).

Just seems to me that anti-UK fans say it's not ok... and uk fans are all for it.

 

It's only natural that it would break that way. It's like asking come basketball season who will win, UL or UK? Aside from a few people, the majority are going to say their team.

Just seems to me that anti-UK fans say it's not ok... and uk fans are all for it.
You mean that most people are hypocrites?!

 

NO!!!!!!!!

 

:lol:

 

If DeAndre Jordan were trying to follow a coach to Louisville or Florida, the overwhelming opinion here would be that he was scum with no loyalty or class. Especially if those schools had zero battle-tested post players.

You mean that most people are hypocrites?!

 

NO!!!!!!!!

 

:lol:

 

If DeAndre Jordan were trying to follow a coach to Louisville or Florida, the overwhelming opinion here would be that he was scum with no loyalty or class. Especially if those schools had zero battle-tested post players.

 

I myself wouldnt just cause I could careless about UofL... they're not my team so I wouldnt worrie about it.:D

You mean that most people are hypocrites?!

 

NO!!!!!!!!

 

:lol:

 

If DeAndre Jordan were trying to follow a coach to Louisville or Florida, the overwhelming opinion here would be that he was scum with no loyalty or class. Especially if those schools had zero battle-tested post players.

 

I am really not seeing why Louisville is even being brought up in this thread. It has nothing to do with UL.

Go start a UL is the victim thread or something.

I think a player should be able to be released from their LOI if the coach leaves. The new coach may run a system that is not suited to the player and if a person is honest with themselves they must admit that players sign for the coach and style of play at least as much as they do for a certain school.

I think a player should be able to be released from their LOI if the coach leaves. The new coach may run a system that is not suited to the player and if a person is honest with themselves they must admit that players sign for the coach and style of play at least as much as they do for a certain school.

 

Exactly my thoughts on the situation. When a kid talks about the school he will be attending you always hear "I really like Coach Smith", " I love Coach Pitino's style of play","I think a lot of Coach K".

 

One of the top 3 reasons a recruit goes to a certian school is because of the coach. If the coach leaves, they should be allowed to leave also. Plain and simple. I don't care if it's kids coming to Kentucky or leaving UK, thats simply the way it should be.

UKPat02...just said that DeAndre announced today on TV that he is an AGGIE.

He has changed his mind or is at least thinking about it. The CJ this morning said he left his college choice BLANK on the form he filled out for playing in the Derby Classic game.

The CJ this morning said he left his college choice BLANK on the form he filled out for playing in the Derby Classic game.

 

I think FAR too much is being read into this trinket of information. So a high school kid didn't fill out a form completely, oh wow.

Does the LOI even reference a particular coach? I think the LOI is between the student/athlete and the school.

I think a player should be able to be released from their LOI if the coach leaves. The new coach may run a system that is not suited to the player and if a person is honest with themselves they must admit that players sign for the coach and style of play at least as much as they do for a certain school.

I can certainly understand that senitment...BUT if I were a school, I wouldn't release him until the new coach had gotten to meet with the kid, etcetera.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.