Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WLEX Reports............

Featured Replies

:cry: You always jump on chances to criticize UK. Its a big contradiction.

Lighten up Francis.:rolleyes:

  • Replies 195
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't put much stock into anything WLEX reports.

 

:thumb: If there's a nuclear missle headed towards KY, I better hear it from a source other than WLEX or I am going to have some serious sunburn to deal with.

I dont know what the big argument here is about. I mean if the head coach leaves, then that player should be given the opportunity to leave. Because if it wasn't for the head coach, usually that player would not have gone to that school in the first place. I think what A&M is doing is right, let him wait till he atleast meets with the new coach, and then if he still wants out, he should be allowed out...

I dont know what the big argument here is about. I mean if the head coach leaves, then that player should be given the opportunity to leave. Because if it wasn't for the head coach, usually that player would not have gone to that school in the first place. I think what A&M is doing is right, let him wait till he atleast meets with the new coach, and then if he still wants out, he should be allowed out...

 

 

:thumb: Different coach, different program, I believe you've hit the nail right on the head.

Many have spoken about how common this practice is. I would love for someone to provide a few names that this has happened with because I don't think it's that common at all.

 

From today:

 

Two JCs opt out of Colo State letters

 

# Forward Shane Edwards and guard Omar Leary of Northeastern Colorado CC, Colo., have requested releases from their signed letters to Colorado State following the coaching change.

 

PM me if you want the link.

From today:

 

 

 

PM me if you want the link.

Were they released?

Were they released?

 

Just requested it today AFAIK.

 

Thats not the point, IMO. They're asking to be released after a coaching change. You acted like it never happened. Here's two guys going from JC to Colorado State that are doing it.

I dont know what the big argument here is about. I mean if the head coach leaves, then that player should be given the opportunity to leave. Because if it wasn't for the head coach, usually that player would not have gone to that school in the first place. I think what A&M is doing is right, let him wait till he atleast meets with the new coach, and then if he still wants out, he should be allowed out...

Except the LOI clearly states that if the coach leaves.....the contract is still binding...these kids are now becoming men...and they have to deal with what they have committed to, IMO.

Except the LOI clearly states that if the coach leaves.....the contract is still binding...these kids are now becoming men...and they have to deal with what they have committed to, IMO.

 

 

Well in that case, I agree with you. If you signed a contract at a high profile job, you can't request to leave just because they change bosses. Of course college kids aren't getting paid for it, and they only go through college once, and it's supposed to be the best time of their lives.

From Iowa

 

Gary released from Iowa letter of intent

 

Dairese Gary has been released from the letter of intent he signed with the University of Iowa, reports the Des Moines Register. The Indiana native asked for his release on Monday and was granted it by Hawkeye athletic director Gary Barta.

Well in that case, I agree with you. If you signed a contract at a high profile job, you can't request to leave just because they change bosses. Of course college kids aren't getting paid for it, and they only go through college once, and it's supposed to be the best time of their lives.

..and they are elite athletes and treated as such...that's something that 90% of people their age can not experience, sounds like great payment to me.

..and they are elite athletes and treated as such...that's something that 90% of people their age can not experience, sounds like great payment to me.

 

:thumb: Very true, and the new Escalade and $1500 periodic check from boosters doesn't hurt as payment either. Am I right or am I right.

If i was an AD and a kid any kid want out of his lOI after a coach had left i would let the go. Why would you want someone there thaty doesnt want to be there. They wont be happy and they wont produce.

Except the LOI clearly states that if the coach leaves.....the contract is still binding...these kids are now becoming men...and they have to deal with what they have committed to, IMO.

 

Well we have heard of this stuff on here before on bgp, and I dont ever remember you making this stance about this. I mean I could be wrong and maybe you have, but I dont ever remember hearing anything like this from you before. Also I really dont think if this involved Duke or UL that you would be saying these things, and probably would be talking about how it should be what is best for the player involved...Also yeah when they sign the letter of intent, Im sure as we always hear the coach is promising the player to be their all 4 years for the player. So unless we make the coach sign something saying that they have to stay there as long as that player is there, then the player should be allowed out, or atleast given the opportunity to if he wants...

Well we have heard of this stuff on here before on bgp, and I dont ever remember you making this stance about this. I mean I could be wrong and maybe you have, but I dont ever remember hearing anything like this from you before. Also I really dont think if this involved Duke or UL that you would be saying these things, and probably would be talking about how it should be what is best for the player involved...Also yeah when they sign the letter of intent, Im sure as we always hear the coach is promising the player to be their all 4 years for the player. So unless we make the coach sign something saying that they have to stay there as long as that player is there, then the player should be allowed out, or atleast given the opportunity to if he wants...

Again....I would make my child wait...and I also stated that if this happened in regards to the teams that I like...I would be disappointed in the lack of character in the current coach, and said player. Their success would be bittersweet at best.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.