Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WLEX Reports............

Featured Replies

I still doubt Gillispie has been recruiting the kid. The kid may not like the new coach, and he knows that Gillispie could use him at UK, so he wants to get out of it.

The coach they got is very, very GOOD......I would not be surprised to see him stick it out...be one and done, and bounce.

  • Replies 195
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And here's where you get into an issue that the NFL is going to look at. If the arrest takes place, then there is no conviction, or the charges are dropped, ect. does the punishment remain in effect. If a kid is exonerated but looses his scholly, is that fair?

Mildly fair...if that can be accomplished. If he got arrested there is a reason...I did not have that problem when I was playing ball.

I have no idea why any player would do anything other than this. If this year doesn't show them to wait nothing ever might. Lucas and Patterson get to see everything happen before they make a decision and they will know exactly what they're getting into this year....unless Donovan goes to the NBA.

Exactly...if I were the NCAA I would eliminate the early signing period.

The coach they got is very, very GOOD......I would not be surprised to see him stick it out...be one and done, and bounce.

That is debatable, as he hasnt been in a major conference yet and he had a good crew back this past season to help him out.

Exactly...if I were the NCAA I would eliminate the early signing period.

 

I wish they would... it would make this time of year alot more fun as a spectator.

^What's the difference if a kid wants out of his loi or the University pulls their offer?

 

Thats what I was just about to say... a collage can just pull you scholly for.... any reason.

Thats what I was just about to say... a collage can just pull you scholly for.... any reason.

Not if you have already signed your LOI

Thats what I was just about to say... a collage can just pull you scholly for.... any reason.

 

Scholarships are one year at a time. Once you sign your LOI you get at least that one year with the school.

Scholarships are one year at a time. Once you sign your LOI you get at least that one year with the school.

 

So where do they get "Full ride"...

So where do they get Full ride...

 

For the most part its pretty much an automatic renewal from year to year. To pull a players scholarship just because they didn't pan out talentwise would send a horrible message to future recruits. However, by being one year at a time it protects the school from a player that is a discipline problem. Otherwise if a player was kicked off of a team for lack or effort or attitude the school would still be obligated to pay his or her way for the remainder of the four years.

Scholarships are year to year. I believe if a coach that recruits a player leaves that playey can get out of his LOI until enrollment.

Scholarships are year to year. I believe if a coach that recruits a player leaves that playey can get out of his LOI until enrollment.

 

Only if the school decides to release them.....

For the most part its pretty much an automatic renewal from year to year. To pull a players scholarship just because they didn't pan out talentwise would send a horrible message to future recruits. However, by being one year at a time it protects the school from a player that is a discipline problem. Otherwise if a player was kicked off of a team for lack or effort or attitude the school would still be obligated to pay his or her way for the remainder of the four years.

 

This has happened in the past. I know of one situation where a kid was on scholly when the coach decided that the player was not what he needed and pulled his scholarship. There were no discipline or grade problems.

This has happened in the past. I know of one situation where a kid was on scholly when the coach decided that the player was not what he needed and pulled his scholarship. There were no discipline or grade problems.

 

I didn't mean that it never happened, just that it was a rare occurance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.