Brossart Home Games

I think that this presents a fantastic opportunity for Campbell County Football, Brossart Football, The Campbell County Band, and Red Devils Football to embark on a community wide campaign to have artificial turf put on the Bob Miller Stadium football field.

It would be a win-win situation for all of the organizations listed above and would allow for maximum useage/rental/profits at the venue.

"Over-taxing the natural playing surface" was the primary cause given that the Mustangs did not play their "home" games there last season.

Let's face it, with all of the surrounding football venues going to artificial surfaces, it is only a matter of time until artifical turf is installed at Bob Miller Stadium. Whether it happens this year, next year, or ten years from now it's going to happen.

This seems like an opportune time to join forces and make this happen for the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.

I don't think they will do that in the near future, They just paid to have the rubber injected into the ground and had bermuda put in last year. I might be wrong but I don't see them waisting all the money they just put in it.

This was a waste of money. My father use to be the grounds keeper at a local high school and his friend was the grounds keeper at UK. He inquired about getting Bermuda and was told it was a waste of money due to being too far North.

A turf field w/such a large growing community as Campbell Co would benefit everyone in question and will last longer than Bermuda grass.

Mustang what you say makes sense but how does the County feel about it?
I have no idea, and don't know that it has even been proposed. I'm not in the football happenings loop.

It just seems like the practical time to do it, and obviously the sooner the better, for the betterment of all involved.

I also don't know about rubber being injected into the present natural field or the benefits of bermuda grass. What I do know is that when Brossart announced the startup of a football program the general feeling was that the added burden would take its toll on the natural playing surface at Bob Miller Stadium, forcing Brossart to play their "home" games elsewhere.

It just makes sense to me to form a cooperative effort and use the Brossart football startup as the catylist within the community to undertake a project that would be mutually beneficial to all. The Camels would have a nice turf field to play on, the band could actually practice on the field, instead of the parking lot, and the Red Devils and Brossart Mustangs would have a place to play their home games.

Campbell County High School would be the ultimate beneficiary from rental fees and concession profits.

This was a waste of money. My father use to be the grounds keeper at a local high school and his friend was the grounds keeper at UK. He inquired about getting Bermuda and was told it was a waste of money due to being too far North.

A turf field w/such a large growing community as Campbell Co would benefit everyone in question and will last longer than Bermuda grass.

Then why is a guy from UK consulting CC on how take care of it?

It is really going to look nice this year. The only downfall is it will turn brown very late in the season but stay in good condition.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on a long term facility plan that seems to have just been done, the school district is planning for a second high school with chance of second school not having a football game field, like the high school and a big upgrade, including field turf on Miller field. When that happens, guess about a decade from now. For the time being, knowing about the youth programs and a discussion to make a new field at the new elementary field, seems the school district has a long term plan in place. So the field complex will continue to be maxed out.