Seniors who were held back

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could have stayed another year. That would have meant at least one more win over Elliott County.

As of right now anyone can hold their child back! Everyone has the same chance. Those who do are doing it for their own reason's, but they aren't trying to force anyone else. Those who don't do it aren't for their own reason's

but are trying to force everyone else not too. If you don't like chocolate ice cream don't eat it, but don't try to keep everyone else from it!!!! Majority rule's, and it is legal to hold your kid back so evidently it's minority whose complaining! As for another win over Elliott, I am from Elliott come up and play me one on one, and you will have your chance for another win! The gym is open every sunday evening. They also have full court scrimmage if your in shape!! P.M. if you wanna play!!!!!:fire:

^ I would but I am not very well liked in Elliott County. I think it is wrong to hold kids back just for athletics and Keith Whitley is overrated too. However, I am a big fan of Rocky Adkins, he is a great guy.

I am not very well liked here either, and I live here!!!!!! Keith Whitley was a good singer. No george or Merle, but a good singer!! In all honesty, with the good lord as a witness, how many do you know who have held their kid's back

"just for athletic's"!!! I will offer you protection if you really want to come and play!!!:D Don't tell Rocky you don't like Keith!! Last but not least, Do you think people should quit holding their kid's back, because "you" think it's wrong, and I bet you (and I) do lot's of thing's other people think are wrong too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really it has nothing to do with me. I have no children and I don't coach jv or high school anymore. I just don't think it is right to hold a kid back just for athletics, it is not necesary. Greg Oden and Kevin Durant are great examples.

Oden just turned 19 in January and Durant turned 18 in September. I thought the rule was different when I was in school, I may be wrong about that though.

Personally I think it is the parent and child's decision. Not anyone else's!

My question wasn't whether it had anything to do with you, it was "In all honesty, with the good lord as your witness, how many do you know that have held their kid's back" just for athletic's"?????? And if you don't have any children, and haven't stood in the shoe's of all the different reason's, how could you possibly know anything about the situation????????????????????

As a former coach, player and official I have seen it many times. And I know a lot who have done that, held kids back just for athletics. And as a former coach it did affect me and my teams. So, based on my many different experiences as a player, coach and basketball official I have more knowledge than most about this issue, even if I am not a parent.

When you are 8ft tall you dont need any help!! There are kid's out there though whom need that xtra year of maturity to get a scholarship! why would

you or anyone for that matter begrudge them that! I say if it is going to benefit a kid, especially to further his educ., "MORE POWER TO IT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a former coach, player and official I have seen it many times. And I know a lot who have done that, held kids back just for athletics. And as a former coach it did affect me and my teams. So, based on my many different experiences as a player, coach and basketball official I have more knowledge than most about this issue, even if I am not a parent.

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE IF YOU ARE NOT THE PARENT, AND DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE FAMILIA!!!!!!! YOU CAN HAVE AN IDEA

BUT THAT DON'T MEAN YOU ARE RIGHT! I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE AN OFFICIAL, COACH, PLAYER OR THE PRESIDENT, IF YOU DON'T LIVE AT HOME WITH THE CHILD AND ARE NOT THE PARENT, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS BEST, AND DON'T KNOW FOR SURE(100%) WHY THEY ARE DOING IT. UNLESS

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED IT, AND THEY ARE JUST GOING ALONG. OTHER THAN THAT I DON'T THINK YOU WOULD KNOW THEIR REASON'S WITHOUT A LITTLE ASSUMING!!!

Well now, using all caps going wild on this. I know plenty, whether you know that or not is of no importance to me. If you honestly think that the average 15-16 year old is physically equal to a 19 year old then you can believe that but it is not true. As a coach I knew many times what was going on in the "familia" as you called it, I am assuming you meant family. And if a kid is well adjusted and making good grades then they will get to college, they don't need to be held back. But until the rule is changed the abusing of the system will go on and on. You never did tell me if you thought OJ needed the extra year to get a college schlorship.