NKY Spring Football (This thread is now for Highlands Spring Football)

theguru

So there are lots of two sports athletes, which would lead me to conclude, in spite of what some critics think, that Dale mustn't discourage it. Actually I'm certain he doesn't discourage it.

And you must have really been bad at baseball if I didn't even remember you playing! Wild Bill just like having you hang around to pick up the loose balls.

HOW DARE YOU!! I was a 'no hit/no field" player BUT was one of the FINEST bench jockeys in NKY.:banana: ...and the balls are of no concern to you...loose or not!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW DARE YOU!! I was a 'no hit/no field" player BUT was one of the FINEST bench jockeys in NKY.:banana: ...and the balls are of no concern to you...loose or not!

So you admit that you didn't really "play" 3 sports, you were just on the roster of 3 teams:flame:. Thank goodness your son gets his athletic ability from your wife and his skill as an offensive linemen from his 8th grade line coach.

I believe the only thing he learned from his 8th grade line coach was how to use a knife and fork as "lethal weapons"....and not at one of Ruby's joints either!! ...and your right...pinch running for Wendel isn't really considered "playing". ( he usually hit it out of the park!)

I could have given you a run for you money as a bench jockey. I was like a blood hound tracking down homerun balls in the woods at NewCath.

LN - Using one of the best athletes in NKY in the past 10 (give or take a few) years is not a good example. Brett Hamblen was the exception - not the rule. He was talented enough in both sports to where it didn't matter.

If a player is willing to miss a baseball practice for spring football, then I don't want him on my team, as a coach or as a player.

You're right though. The problem with the baseball program at HHS is not spring football. It's the lack of dedication directed towards the program, from too many people.

You can say that baseball will take away from the football weight training program. That's fine, but from my experiences baseball weight training is very similar to the football weight training program, so that's not much of an excuse. It's not nearly as intense, but similar.

Is Dale still the AD?

LN - Using one of the best athletes in NKY in the past 10 (give or take a few) years is not a good example. Brett Hamblen was the exception - not the rule. He was talented enough in both sports to where it didn't matter.

If a player is willing to miss a baseball practice for spring football, then I don't want him on my team, as a coach or as a player.

You're right though. The problem with the baseball program at HHS is not spring football. It's the lack of dedication directed towards the program, from too many people.

You can say that baseball will take away from the football weight training program. That's fine, but from my experiences baseball weight training is very similar to the football weight training program, so that's not much of an excuse. It's not nearly as intense, but similar.

Is Dale still the AD?

I sincerely doubt if any of the Highlands kids care about whether you'd want them to be on your team or not.

As to the lack of dedication at Highlands, the problem has been resolved and things are improving. In fact if you want to look at past threads, you'll see comments to that effect from CovCath folks.

Frankly I don't recall saying that baseball will take away from the football weight training program.

And just how do you know that Brett was the exception to the rule? I've come to realize based on your past posts that you have no fondness for Highlands and seem to enjoy taking shots at the school, but you have no basis to make that claim unless you can cite specific players that Dale pressured not to play other sports. You can't. Thus you don't know Brett was the exception to the rule.

Yes Dale is still the AD. Your point?