6th and 7th region

It had to be further back than that. I always remember there being 2 regions in Louisville. At least as far back as 1967. I vaguely remember the city schools were 7th(Male ,Shawnee) Region and County schools were 6th (Valley, Thomas Jefferson, Butler). You can probably get that info from one of the state tournament programs though.

I played in the state tournament in 1959 and the only Louisville school in it that year was Manual. A friend of mine asked me to look it up for him. I remember seeing the state tournament when Wes Unseld played in Memorial Col and don't remember any other Louisville schools. I tried to look it up on the internet and couldn't find anything. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I did a little research John Boy and the answer to your question is 1966 was the first year that Louisville had two of the sixteen regions. I can send you a link(PM) to all the tournament brackets from the 1930's to the present if you would like to look at it.

I did a little research John Boy and the answer to your question is 1966 was the first year that Louisville had two of the sixteen regions. I can send you a link(PM) to all the tournament brackets from the 1930's to the present if you would like to look at it.

Thanks

anyone know how many PUBLIC high schools there are in Louisville? I would imagine that's when they went to 2 regions, when the private school explosion hit.

Public Schools-21

Atherton, Ballard, Brown, Butler, Central, Doss, Eastern, Fairdale, Fern Creek, Iroquois, Jeffersontown, Male, Manual, Moore, Pleasure Ridge Park, Seneca, Shawnee, Southern, Valley, Waggener, Western.

Private Schools-17

Assumption, Beth Haven, Christian Academy-Louisville, Collegiate, DeSales, Evangel Christian, Kentucky Country Day, Louisville Holy Cross, Mercy, Portland Christian, Presentation, Sacred Heart, St. Francis, St. Xavier, Trinity, Walden, Whitefield Academy.

Single-sex schools in italics.