Holy Cross/Holmes Predictions!

oral32

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC had to use an overtime last time to beat the Dawgs JV team. WIth Rice, Henderson, and Jefferson all 3 on the floor this time with Hill, HC is going to have match up problems all over the place.

HC doesn't have anyone who can guard Rice. Giwa is going to look silly trying to guard Jefferson, as he always does. Sorrell will be running around all over the night trying to keep up with Hill. Eifert will be out of the game midway through the 3rd trying to guard Rice. Oh yea, then you have that guy Arrez Henderson who can play any position you put him at because of hi athletic ability. Could be a long night for the Indians.

Holy Cross fans have to admit they are not fealing so good going into this game. Beating Scott would have given them some confidence, but no help there. HC barely beat a undermanned Holmes team after the suspensions and they won't have much of a chance in this game.

Holmes is on a mission to prove they can do it. I think they make the region, and win a game or two but thats it.

I think this game will be like the last one. Nobody will give HC a chance just like nobody gave Holmes a chance, but somehow it will be close at the end. I think the winner of the game will be the only difference. Holmes will pull out a close low scoring game. HC over the last 10 years or so just can't get over the hump against Holmmes or CCH in a close game.

I think this game will be like the last one. Nobody will give HC a chance just like nobody gave Holmes a chance, but somehow it will be close at the end. I think the winner of the game will be the only difference. Holmes will pull out a close low scoring game. HC over the last 10 years or so just can't get over the hump against Holmmes or CCH in a close game.

I agree Latch.:thumb:

Why did you have to go there??? These are pretty ugly thoughts than can do nothing but potentially manifest the ugliness of that which no one should care to ponder or want to see, but only to perhaps provoke what you are implying to be that doesn't need to be created by suggestion. If any ugly head has been reared it is contained in these irresponsible and cutting words. I'd expect an Oldguy to be wiser than that. I'd like to believe that a team that's driven and focued are bigger than what you suggest. Predictions of a game are one thing. Creating controversy is a whole different game. Save these thoughts for your Current Affair blogs along with your thoughts of what a bimbo Anna Nicole Smith was.

Speaking of the game. Unless Holy Cross pulls their traditional tournament 'hold the ball for eternity' strategy, then I think that the Bulldogs run away with this one. It could be quite similar to when they played the Indians in the 2005 35th District first round and put on a clinic. I don't think HC has the bench that Holmes has so running with them could be suicidal. If Ryan and Sorrell get amazingly hot and Eifert can control the paint they can make it interesting but I think there's too much business at hand for the Indians to take care of.

Holmes 62

Holy Cross 48

I tend to agree with OldGuy on this one, though Holmes has seemed to mature and look to be to playing to their potential(which is a scary thing, i personally think they can make a run at a state title if they play to their potential, ask E-Town.) You can't help to think that if the going gets rough, if they have matured enough to weather the storm, or if they will explode as in years past. I would think and hope as seniors that these bulldogs would have learned from their mistakes, and i think that they have grown as indivudals and a team and would, but you certainly can not rule out the possiblilty of Holmes exploding at anytime. You took an un needed shot at The Old Guy, he was just expressing his opinion, not trying to stir up any controversy. I think he would agree with my statement, but for you to think that there isn't a chance of a Holmes blow-up is being niave at the very least. I personally think though that the Bulldogs have matured and will be able to maturally fight through any problems.

HC had to use an overtime last time to beat the Dawgs JV team. WIth Rice, Henderson, and Jefferson all 3 on the floor this time with Hill, HC is going to have match up problems all over the place.

HC doesn't have anyone who can guard Rice. Giwa is going to look silly trying to guard Jefferson, as he always does. Sorrell will be running around all over the night trying to keep up with Hill. Eifert will be out of the game midway through the 3rd trying to guard Rice. Oh yea, then you have that guy Arrez Henderson who can play any position you put him at because of hi athletic ability. Could be a long night for the Indians.

:laugh: Holy Cross doesn't belong on the same floor as Holmes appartently.

Though I think Holy Cross will not win this game, it will be closer than you think, and nobody will be looking Silly.

Holmes 65

Holy Cross 58

I'd have to bet that the 'Colonel Crazies' will be in the house for this game since they play Beechwood afterwards. I can't wait to see if they somehow become involed and vocal and add some craziness to the whole game only in the way that they can. In this situation though, it's 2 other teams playing with them hanging around to be loud color commentators of the whole event. I wonder if they'll take sides. Do they want the Indians next or are they salivating at the chance to prove something to the Bulldogs??? It should be pretty interesting and humourous if it goes down the way that I'm envisioning it. Can you say packed house and then some??? The place is going to be rockin'!!!

All the games of the Boy's 35th District Tournament will be brought to you live on CovCath Internet Radio....

Holmes Bulldogs vs. Holy Cross Indians (35th District 1st Round) (KY) 06:00PM (EST)

Holmes Bulldogs vs. Holy Cross Indians, live from Park Hills, Kentucky in the 1st round of the 35th District Tournament

CovCath Colonels Varsity Basketball vs. Beechwood Tigers (35th District 1st Round) (KY) 08:00PM (EST)

Covington Catholic Colonels Varsity Basketball vs. Beechwood Tigers, live from Park Hills, Kentucky in the 1st round of the 35th District Tournament

I'd have to bet that the 'Colonel Crazies' will be in the house for this game since they play Beechwood afterwards. I can't wait to see if they somehow become involed and vocal and add some craziness to the whole game only in the way that they can. In this situation though, it's 2 other teams playing with them hanging around to be loud color commentators of the whole event. I wonder if they'll take sides. Do they want the Indians next or are they salivating at the chance to prove something to the Bulldogs??? It should be pretty interesting and humourous if it goes down the way that I'm envisioning it. Can you say packed house and then some??? The place is going to be rockin'!!!

Won't they clear the gym for the games? They almost have too.

Honestly I think y'alll should be worrin bout Dixie team. They got a new point gard named Aubrey "young Cater" aka . " the king of the south" CArter. Hes shown strait thug nasty ball handling and a a killer shot. hes 5'7 and he can dunk. and hes only in 8th grade. The kid can just fly.

Dixie 99 Villa 4

Dixie Fan

feel free to holla back