Brossart 63 CovCath 56

CovCath had no answer last night to Uebel, and he did a great job on TJ. I agree with cchs5432 CovCath and BB need to stop playing each other on their Senior night as each spoils the night for the other, every other year, it's a great night for the fans, but the poor Seniors. Next year at BB CovCath will be all over BB on their night, and that is a shame.

If you weren't at the game you missed quite a bit.... The pregame show with Bo, BB, TJ, and Billy was very moving. When you consider that Bo and BB already own State Championships Titles, and now to play on at the level that they do in Basketball, it is indeed a great accomplishment. A lot of folks found out tonight that TJ just isn't a great BBall player, but a impressive student. He's going into pre-med! Now how many players with his ability are more concerned with their education then their game? Billy, oh how I wish this young man could play. Just to watch him on the floor, with his desire, and willingness to let it all hang out was fun to watch last year, just a huge shame that he got hurt. Oh BTW for those who don't know, that young man is also the President of the Student Senate, rather huge honor that comes from the students themselves. Oh I forgot to mention that BB has offers from Holy Cross, Carnegie-Mellon, Brown, Yale and some other eastern school named Harvard. He just has to decide which one to go to. Think he went to CovCath for sports?

Oh there was even more. After the pregame and before the start of the game Coach L and Coach K came out of the locker rooms in togas. It was toga night and the Coaches walked across the gym floor to thank the student body for all their support.

And more! To honor the Crazies and the team, the Alums and Parents did their version of the Roller Coaster prior to the start of the game. Although we didn't do it as good as the Crazies did, it was fun. Oh, and to answer the Crazies chant of "You wish you were us" to a person, we all thought, no way would we want to be teenagers again.:lol:

Congrats to BB you played a whale of a game.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight was all Uebel and Cooper. Congrats to Cooper on 1,000 points, I am assuming that Jimmy already has acheived that?

Actually Jimmy won't make the Thousand Point Club.

As of last night he has scored 711 points in his career. He can take pride in the fact that he is probably a major factor in Troy Cooper achieving that milestone, because it is often Jimmy who gets him the ball.

This team had the misfortune (or fortune) of playing behind the Evan McDole, Kevin Smith, and the Class of 2005 team and therefore have only been varsity players for two years, making it very difficult to pile up points.

Evan McDole was a four year varsity starter who didn't make the Thousand Point Club until mid-season of his senior year.

This was a very physical game espeically Brossart backup center who likes to foul people hard. He probaby only played like 10 minutes and fouled out.

Brossart has a very good team and with 8 seniors. Next year it looks to be a very young team.

The crowd was very good tonight and the Colonel Crazy looked probaby the best in a while. The only thing that I wanted to see is Billy start and Cov Cath call a timeout to sub someone in for him.

Once A Colonel Always a Colonel

This was a very physical game espeically Brossart backup center who likes to foul people hard. He probaby only played like 10 minutes and fouled out.

Brossart has a very good team and with 8 seniors. Next year it looks to be a very young team.

The crowd was very good tonight and the Colonel Crazy looked probaby the best in a while. The only thing that I wanted to see is Billy start and Cov Cath call a timeout to sub someone in for him.

Once A Colonel Always a Colonel

That was proposed by the Brossart coaches, but Coach L didn't think he was up to it physically, due to still being on two crutches. Hated to have to see him sit out so much of his senior year.

Pretty tough assessment of our power forward and sometimes post player Nathan Mutsch. I take offense to the "likes to foul people hard" comment which is totally irresponsible.

I assume that you are referring to the play where he went up over Grimes and the two came down together while going for the inbounds pass, and Grimes having the wind knocked out of him.

You really might want to re-think your comment.

A) They were both going up for a pass

B) It was Nathan's fifth foul.

It was unfortunate that Grimes went down. We are pleased that he wasn't hurt and returned to the game - but to accuse Nate of "liking to foul people hard," that is frivolous. It is unlikely that Nate would have intentionally committed his fifth foul, and because of the nature of the foul it is impossible for it to have been committed with any malice.

I also object to Coach L's quote in the Enquirer on Saturday morning referring to Grimes "being slammed to the floor." Ryan Ernst had it right - the two collided - nothing more, nothing less. Nate weighs over 250, I suspect that Grimes was giving up a few pounds to Mutsch, and when "the two collided," Grimes came out on the short end of it.

I also object to Coach L's quote in the Enquirer on Saturday morning referring to Grimes "being slammed to the floor." Ryan Ernst had it right - the two collided - nothing more, nothing less. Nate weighs over 250, I suspect that Grimes was giving up a few pounds to Mutsch, and when "the two collided," Grimes came out on the short end of it.

1. Hard fouls are part of the game as long as they're not dirty.

2. "Giving up a few pounds" would be like saying my wife is a "little better looking than I am - a gross undertatement.

250 pounds plus Cooper at 250+? Wow.

I dont want to re- think my comments. I watched him when he was in and he did like to foul hard whoever he guarded.

These are grown men running at full speed. Nate is a big guy. It happens. The play with Grimes was nothing in my opinion. I had quite a few people by me at the game say something about it (All CovCath fans). I think some people need to take off their blue and white glasses and watch the game. In no way shape or form was he trying to foul him hard that play or any other play. Welcome to some hard nosed 10th region basketball. Good luck to CovCath they could make a nice run!:rolleyes: :thumb:

I dont want to re- think my comments. I watched him when he was in and he did like to foul hard whoever he guarded.

The play in question was simply a matter of physics?? 250 lbs. vs. probably about 185 lbs. Nate was higher than Grimes trying to gain control of a loose ball, and as they came down together, the extra 65 lbs. took over. Hardly any body contact, just "hand on ball", and it looked much worse than it actually was, due to the way Grimes landed. Fortunately Michael wasn't hurt on what should have been ruled a no-call anyway IMO!! Just two kids hustling after a loose ball--Happens multiple times per game!!

He only played 10 minutes and had 5 fouls. I never wrote on here that I thought that the Grimes foul was a hard foul. I just watched him and he had a lot of hard fouls. I know one foul he fouled Luke Maile pretty hard and he was protected himself and the refree yelled at him. I was sitting next to his grandpa and he said about Luke you have to protect your self when he fouls you hard.

I can't believe no one has made a comment about the poor refereeing.

How can a game of that caliber have referee's scheduled with such incompetence. The Bald headed guy and especially the younger red headed referee. Was he bad or what? I sure hope in the tournaments they have the best rated referee's.

A fan that like to see great games