Brossart 63 CovCath 56

It would be nice to hear from the covcath faithful and get their thoughts on the game. I thought that a game like this only helps both teams in preparation for the post season. Brossart and covcath will not go up against an in your face opponent like they did tonight.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game. I couldnt here after leaving the game. That could be one of the best matchups in Northern Kentucky. Ueble played very good, his, and one at the end sealed the game along with the foul shots Cooper made down the stretch.

Monster effort tonight by Jimmy Uebel on both ends of the court!! This game had a regional final atmosphere and should prepare both teams for whatever faces them next week!! Great games by all the BBHS seniors tonight!! As usual the Mustang "D" got them over the hump, and free throw shooting and offensive execution down the stretch got them the victory!!

Hat's off to all the seniors in tonight's game, as you guys "left it all on the court"!! It's been a joy to watch you kids throughout your careers, and see your progress as basketball players, and as young men!! Best of luck to both teams as they enter district play next week. Love to see a rematch in a few weeks at Rupp!!!!

For those who questioned Brossart's lack of a "quality" win, this might qualify; especially at CovCath, with a very great, but hostile crowd!! CCH # 5-6 in the state in most rankings, # 1 in both NKY rankings and with an impressive resume against many of the best in the state!!

For those who questioned Brossart's lack of a "quality" win, this might qualify; especially at CovCath, with a very great, but hostile crowd!! CCH # 5-6 in the state in most rankings, # 1 in both NKY rankings and with an impressive resume against many of the best in the state!!

I wouldn't worry about anyone who questioned anything about what Brossart has done this year. 25-4 while only playing a few ducks, speaks for itself. This win coupled with the all A championship will really make folks outside of Campbell County sit up and take notice though.

I wouldn't worry about anyone who questioned anything about what Brossart has done this year. 25-4 while only playing a few ducks, speaks for itself. This win coupled with the all A championship will really make folks outside of Campbell County sit up and take notice though.

:thumb:

How about Niemeyer's pregame throw down!!! The colonels has some impressive dunks as well.

That was in response to the students ( and many old friends) chants to "Niemeyer--throw one down"!! Once again--Great atmosphere and an even better outcome!!

Only downside to the night was seeing Billy Schult on crutches--I, and I know the Mustang players really felt for him!!

The biggest surprise to me was that this was not a typical Brossart team, from what I have seen. Normally I think of BB as the best defensive team (probably in the state), but CCH had a quite few runs tonight (and many of their own offensive problems). It was Brossart's offense that was a shock to me. You rarely see such execution on the high school level, when it comes to a commitment to getting the ball inside, or taking the right shots. Very few times did anyone force up a shot for Brossart.

The biggest surprise to me was that this was not a typical Brossart team, from what I have seen. Normally I think of BB as the best defensive team (probably in the state), but CCH had a quite few runs tonight (and many of their own offensive problems). It was Brossart's offense that was a shock to me. You rarely see such execution on the high school level, when it comes to a commitment to getting the ball inside, or taking the right shots. Very few times did anyone force up a shot for Brossart.

Very disciplined as always. You won't see Brossart take to many if any bad shots in a game.