Bracken Co. 74 Williamstown 47

Final.

Not much of a game here tonight as the Lady Bears begin a winning streak. :dancingpa

I hope Bracken Co. doesnt lose focus playing all these weak teams at the end before the district.

Question: Is it better to go into district tournament on a winning streak against weak teams or be on a losing streak and be battle tested?

What do you all think?

Tara Kauinui played really well tonight and ended up in double figures with 9 rebounds. Keep it up Ladies!

My husband told me tonight was Alumni night, but he couldn't remember who was honored.

Can someone provide details on this ceremony?

They honored the Girls that played basketball in the 1970's They told a little bit about each season and annonced the players and coaches. I was very dissapointed in the turn out of past players and coaches I think there were only 4-5 of them there and I know that several of them still come to the functions at BCHS but why not this one when they are being honored???????? As far as i know it was put in the paper and each individual was contacted personaly and they also had a reception for them afterwards. Mel Thornsbury did a very nice job and put alot of time and effort into doing this sure would have been nice to see alot more support!!!! Nice Job Mel I thought you did a nice job...

I agree with CB7 and LadyBearMom... It is a shame that you try to do something nice for the ones before you and 5 show up... That is a crying shame. A lot of the same ones still reside in Brooksville.. I was very disappointed with the amount that showed up.

I also agree with all of you, just seems like there is a level of disenchanment or something can't put my finger on with athletics in Brooksville. I brought this up with the lack of crowds and band at certain important games for the boys(and they put a winning product on the floor). Maybe they should have done this against an opponent other than Williamstown. Alumni seem to always turn out for Augusta and Deming.

Final.

Not much of a game here tonight as the Lady Bears begin a winning streak. :dancingpa

I hope Bracken Co. doesnt lose focus playing all these weak teams at the end before the district.

Question: Is it better to go into district tournament on a winning streak against weak teams or be on a losing streak and be battle tested?

What do you all think?

Tara Kauinui played really well tonight and ended up in double figures with 9 rebounds. Keep it up Ladies!

I think winning is a very good thing for this young team. Builds a little confidence.Nicholas Co., A-Town and Williamstown are good wins. I know A-town played them hard and never quit. Good coaching will keep them focused I am sure.

Congrats Lady Bears.

Sounds like the Lady Bears are staying hot and coming around at the right time. Not to jinx but, I just got a whiff of something...smells like an upset in the making. Bracken played them tough last year in the district and many of those players have returned including their point guard who had an outstanding game in last year's district loss.

Mason, going into district against a theoretical weaker team, needs battle tested since they seem to struggle against the 10th region queen, Montgomery. But, a losing streak is just not good for the psyche.

Going into any game on a win streak at the high school level is a gigantic plus. It sends confidence throughout the locker room.

This is a great question.